Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

When smart educated people look at scandanavian shaped elephants in the room, examine death rates for the last 3 months, consider the generational damage to public health, the economy, our culture and education bought upon us by the government's policies, perhaps you should think again, rather than dismissing them?
A lot of people can’t think for themselves , they need to be led, need arbitrary signs and guidance to follow. Like they all swallowed the blue pill of ignorance and just play along.
95% of people that I saw at night didn’t wear a mask before the 24th July, now they’re giving themselves a hernia shouting “wear a damn mask”:unsure: like the transmission of the virus has changed and is completely new.

The government controlling things regarding masks seems way other the top though :ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
The below was posted on a local community social media page earlier today;

Latest Government regulations: "If you test positive for coronavirus, or you have symptoms, you now need to self-isolate for 10 days rather than seven. The self-isolation period remains at 14 days for household members of a positive case, people contacted through NHS Test and Trace, and people returning to the UK from certain countries."
I don't know about you, but that sounds self-contradictory.

Why is it that some people are choosing to be so obtuse? It may just be me, but I have found the vast majority of Covid guidelines very straightforward. Simple to understand. And the above is as simple as can be. Not even remotely difficult to grasp.

I am starting to find the public response to the pandemic, in certain quarters at least, very tiresome.

Foxholer

Major Champion

Latest Government regulations: "If you test positive for coronavirus, or you have symptoms, you now need to self-isolate for 10 days rather than seven. The self-isolation period remains at 14 days for household members of a positive case, people contacted through NHS Test and Trace, and people returning to the UK from certain countries."

Why is it that some people are choosing to be so obtuse? It may just be me, but I have found the vast majority of Covid guidelines very straightforward. Simple to understand. And the above is as simple as can be. Not even remotely difficult to grasp.

I am starting to find the public response to the pandemic, in certain quarters at least, very tiresome.
I can understand why some folk can find it 'self contradictory'. But I'd like to think that I understand the reasons. the 4 days 'extra' compared with those who have tested positive is so that symptoms that haven't (yet) appeared can become apparent!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
When smart educated people look at scandanavian shaped elephants in the room, examine death rates for the last 3 months, consider the generational damage to public health, the economy, our culture and education bought upon us by the government's policies, perhaps you should think again, rather than dismissing them?
Does a Scandanavian Elephant have horns?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Not political but an interesting point from a virologist on the news this morning. Approx 90% of transmissions happen within the family, hence why multiple households should not be mixing. Something to do with how you interact with family more closely, drop your guard I suspect. It shows how important it is to follow the guidelines still in terms of mixing and keeping distance.

Wolf

Two types of people, those wanting to understand and follow the guidelines and those who will find any excuse not to.

Simple.
Nailed it.... It doesn't matter the demographic of people it literally comes down to the simple fact some will follow because they care and want to do what's right, and others will find excuses not to because it hasn't affected them but when it does there will be excuses that it someone else's fault..

Swinglowandslow

Good post. Very good choice of wording. "Choosing to be so obtuse" describes exactly what is being done.

Swinglowandslow

The government controlling things regarding masks seems way other the top though :ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE said:
The reason for masks now is because the easing of SD, 1 metre rather than 2 etc, as in shops etc , is to offset the chances of transmission that are now greater because of being closer for longer periods.
When you were queuing 2 m apart , two in a shop max etc, people were not close for longish periods. Now, they are allowed to be.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Nailed it.... It doesn't matter the demographic of people it literally comes down to the simple fact some will follow because they care and want to do what's right, and others will find excuses not to because it hasn't affected them but when it does there will be excuses that it someone else's fault..
The demographics are very important. There will of course be individuals in all demographics that care/dont care but IMO there are very large numbers of people in certain demographics that are acting irresponsible and the virus spikes are indicative of this.

The demographics are very important. There will of course be individuals in all demographics that care/dont care but IMO there are very large numbers of people in certain demographics that are acting irresponsible and the virus spikes are indicative of this.
Yes indeed - include the 20 or so individuals not really observing the rules sitting around tables outside a pub in largely 'White middle class’ and generally affluent town in Surrey. No spiking in our area - but probably only because the virus isn't at a higher level in our community. Which is worrying if it does become more prevalent as the behaviours we see are not great.

Lots of different demographics across the whole country are being careless...problems arise if the virus is significant in the community.

Last edited: