Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Well, I didn't mean that Johnson personally did a fricking ward round with the ward sister. The DH, which Johnson has overall responsibility for, pushed NHS Trusts to clear out beds, and issued the terms under which they should do so. It did not include testing.

The responsibility for pandemic planning lies with Govt, not individual NHS Trusts, but following the 2016 planning exercise, the Govt did sod all.
The government may have asked the NHS to clear out beds but it was the decision of the clinicians which beds were cleared.

There's a lot of "didn't know what the effect on the economy" and "caused by covid" tripping off the tongue in the last few posts.
Let's be clear, lest BJ and the toryboyz on here try and forget it:
The horrific damage to the economy was completely predictable. As night follows day.
It was caused by grotesquely disproportionate and short sighted govt policies.
Carry on...

pauldj42

Money List Winner
With the greatest respect Paul, if Hogie posts up any example its fair game to comment on, positively or negatively. I was blunt in my last reply to him when he did, not playing the poster, but because I felt he was not doing him any favours in the long term. It was an honest opinion, given without any malice aforethought. He replied sharply, which I had no problem with at all, and agreed with most of his reply.

However, if he continues to use personal examples he must accept that people will reply as they see fit. Some might agree with him, and in the main I do, but those who don't are fully entitled to reply as they see fit. Whether that reply is viewed as "fit" is for any other reader to decide.
I agree Bri, hence suggesting he starts his own thread about his son, the problem is the replies take the thread off track.
I’ve no sympathy with silh, he opens the door and people step through, I do question some of the replies though when they are from some who add nothing else to the thread.

There's a lot of "didn't know what the effect on the economy" and "caused by covid" tripping off the tongue in the last few posts.
The horrific damage to the economy was completely predictable. As night follows day.
Carry on...
Oh yes, that 'preventing the virus overwhelming the NHS' policy, very shortsighted 🙄
'Toryboyz' is that your best putdown 🤭

So I have no idea what to make of our chanchler. He seems blooming fantastic. Almost an anti Tory. Going for growth rather than cut cut cut. Seems likeable and seems to have the right issues on the agenda.

However he was Cummings pick.. has the advisers he wanted.. can't stand Cummings at all. Yet it's almost like it works? So confusing.

Will see what happens over the next few budgets but this one is good.

Why can't the leader have this much respect and professionalism? Much like starma in a way just respectable and carries himself well. Rather than the buffoon

I'd like to see him lead the Tories against starmia so we have 2 completely creditable choices.

Carry on...
Crap- it was caused by Covid. It may have been predictable , but the virus wasn't going to be any different from what it did , what it does, and what it will do until we (hopefully ) get a vaccine.
Actions are now being taken to fight the effects on the economy by this government , headed by Boris, and explained by the Chancellor. Actions which not many would have expected from a Tory government, even lifelong supporters of it.
But, no doubt, these efforts will be attacked because of who are making them, the "enemy" that can do no right.
I have never seen as much venom and refusal to acknowledge credit where it's due as I have in the last few months, both on this forum and ,latterly,from H.M
Opposition.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
So those 10 years of Tory austerity we all struggled through were just an exercise in Tory ideology.
The money tree was available all along.

BTW it now looks like the testing numbers in E&W were just made up to fit the Tory agenda.
I am certain that will come as no great surprise to most sensible folk.