Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
NS on air bridges - "Another governments shambolic decision making process"

When did the devolved governments get to set foreign policy? Have I missed something major?
Just a thought; if she wasn't part of the decision making process, which I gather from other reports, how does she know it was shambolic?

Just asking for a friend;)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Just a thought; if she wasn't part of the decision making process, which I gather from other reports, how does she know it was shambolic?

Just asking for a friend;)
Although she wasn’t happy when it was pointed out, she had representation on the shambolic decision making group. She started so well at the start of this mess but appears to have got more into point scoring and politics the longer it’s gone on being determined not to do anything that the UK government comes up with until a week or two later.

PS The pandemic Cobra committee have members from all devolved governments and still do their own thing.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
The US Surgeon General seems a bit confused as to whether wearing a face mask helps to prevent you catching Coronavirus or not. On the one hand the general public should stop buying them because they don't stop you getting it. But on the other hand healthcare providers need to wear them to care for sick patients so they aren't at risk. And he has a profile picture of himself wearing a face mask. I'm assuming that he isn't caring for sick patients in his role as surgeon general.
FaceMasks.JPG

Kaz

The US Surgeon General seems a bit confused as to whether wearing a face mask helps to prevent you catching Coronavirus or not. On the one hand the general public should stop buying them because they don't stop you getting it. But on the other hand healthcare providers need to wear them to care for sick patients so they aren't at risk. And he has a profile picture of himself wearing a face mask. I'm assuming that he isn't caring for sick patients in his role as surgeon general.
View attachment 31497
That tweet's four months old from a time they were struggling to get PPE for healthcare professionals. I'd also imagine he's changed his profile pic since sending it.

rulefan

Tour Winner
I’m pretty horrified with some of the stuff I’m reading about pubs opening down there. From 6 am? Is that really necessary?
Well, the airport bars are open at or before 6am. It seems many people will be getting tanked up as if they were on their way to Benidorm

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
That tweet's four months old from a time they were struggling to get PPE for healthcare professionals. I'd also imagine he's changed his profile pic since sending it.
Well that's what he should've said then. "Please don't buy medical grade face masks as these are in short supply and we need all we can get for healthcare professionals". No ambiguity and a straightforward message, but to claim they are not effective in preventing the general public from catching it but are needed to protect healthcare workers is blatantly incorrect.

Kaz

Well that's what he should've said then. "Please don't buy medical grade face masks as these are in short supply and we need all we can get for healthcare professionals". No ambiguity and a straightforward message, but to claim they are not effective in preventing the general public from catching it but are needed to protect healthcare workers is blatantly incorrect.
True enough. He's not really enhanced his reputation in his current role.

Slab

Money List Winner
NS on air bridges - "Another governments shambolic decision making process"

When did the devolved governments get to set foreign policy? Have I missed something major?
The list does seem to prompt a load of questions, there seems to be several that wont even let someone from the UK enter let alone leave again
Seems a tad early to include these destinations

Kaz

I can't work out if thats sarcasm?

As far as i'm aware, and was law last year, they didn't. Whats changed to prompt that comment?
I can’t work out if you really don’t understand or are being deliberately obtuse.

There’s a global pandemic at the moment and public health policy is devolved.

DanFST

Head Pro
I can’t work out if you really don’t understand or are being deliberately obtuse.

There’s a global pandemic at the moment and public health policy is devolved.
Oh obtuse....

Then she should work on health policy, within her limited powers. Hardly knocked that out of the park.

No matter how much she and DFT want to be independent, Scotland isn't. Sadiq Khan runs an area with more people and higher GDP should he get to decide foreign policy too? She doesn't have to deal with the consequences of closing Scotland's important tourist sector the government does, the British people will pay for it.

We are British. I hated the petulant small brother mentality of some Scots when I lived there, whenever I go back up and the vocal minority on the internet. You can't just be the loudest voice in the room or sew dissent and get your way.

The list does seem to prompt a load of questions
Totally! However NS has said it's the "shambolic decision making process" rather than the list itself.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
The decision making process was shambolic.
No other word for it.
What else would you call giving the devolved nations [3/4 of the UK] less than one hour to agree with the Tory Party's equally shambolic choice of countries.
I must confess that I have never even heard of quite a lot of those countries.