Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Add that to the fact many are too arrogant or stupid to accept that someone might know more than themselves. They will blame the messenger in a look for an excuse so as to not follow guidance.
Good job no one expecting us to trust experts pushed the message not to trust experts or to use our instinct recently, or we would be in trouble.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter

rulefan

Tour Winner
My point was picking up on the issue of the 'shielded' not understanding they could actually go out, albeit with caution.
Excusing those with dementia, the words in the letter they received weren't difficult to understand.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
What an omnishambles is our handling of this lockdown

Dentist came to know they are reopening via a ticker during BoJo's 'lockdown is over' speech/bluster. No one told them - not the governing bodies, nor the insurance, nor the companies. No guidelines were published. It is a case of every man/woman to themselves as they try to figure out how to work in a dental clinic. They are frontline as they use aerosols into patient mouths and now need PPE. Guess what NO F****ing PPE.

I spent my afternoon trying to make phone calls and search on the interweb of ppe kit. nothing yet. Govt wont supply it either

MetalMickie

Tour Winner

Dentist came to know they are reopening via a ticker during BoJo's 'lockdown is over' speech/bluster. No one told them - not the governing bodies, nor the insurance, nor the companies. No guidelines were published. It is a case of every man/woman to themselves as they try to figure out how to work in a dental clinic. They are frontline as they use aerosols into patient mouths and now need PPE. Guess what NO F****ing PPE.

I spent my afternoon trying to make phone calls and search on the interweb of ppe kit. nothing yet. Govt wont supply it either
The Government does not provide PPE to anyone.

Our dentist was using visor, mask and gloves long before this virus.

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner

How long have the dentists had to realise that they are going to have to reopen, that keeping 2 metres away might be a bit of a stretch and therefore they might have to develop a plan... :unsure:

Any omnishambles here is down to the individual dentists.

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Glad it wasn't just me then.
It really wasn’t overly difficult to understand, but maybe you have to be of a certain mindset...
The same Government that is telling us to trust the Experts, also told us that we didn’t need experts previously, then told us to trust our instincts more recently

Happy to help 😉

MetalMickie

Tour Winner
It really wasn’t overly difficult to understand, but maybe you have to be of a certain mindset...
The same Government that is telling us to trust the Experts, also told us that we didn’t need experts previously, then told us to trust our instincts more recently

Happy to help 😉
Now I understand.

But then punctuation can make sentences easier to understand.

As for the original statement I can't recall the Government asking the public to trust the experts.

They have consistently said they are relying upon advice from scientists before making their decisions.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner

Happy to help 😉
So it's about Brexit? Also, wasnt that a different Government?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
I could, yes. But since you're not stupid I'm sure you know exactly what it means.
I am not that complicated. If I ask for something to be explained it's because I dont follow its meaning. But if you want to use it for silly comments then I dont understand you either.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Now I understand.

But then punctuation can make sentences easier to understand.

As for the original statement I can't recall the Government asking the public to trust the experts.

They have consistently said they are relying upon advice from scientists before making their decisions.
Unless they are wanting to relax lock down measures to distract attention from the PMs special adviser breaking lock down rules. I can't see any other reason for them saying that those who are vulnerable and have previously been shielding are now allowed to go out when that has always been under Covid alert level 1 while we are still under level 4/3.

CovidAlertLevel.jpeg

bluewolf

Money List Winner
So it's about Brexit? Also, wasnt that a different Government?
If you wish to be pedantic, then yes.

It was, IIRC, Michael Gove though...

Anyway, I don’t want to get pulled into this conversation at the moment. It’s become quite boring and monotonous. See you all on other threads 👍

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Why are you so obsessed with Brexit?

If you are so against it I’m sure there are things that could be done; why not write to your MP?
I'm not obsessed with it at all, but it seems someone else is. I take it from the explanation given; the comment from HK was relating to Government not trusting Experts in the Brexit campaign but are now with Covid. So explain your comment because I'm getting really confused with what's being branded about here.

Last edited: