Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Just even it up and sack everyone who broke the rules, maybe include EVERY man and woman who did!
No Chris, never advocated that, but certainly believe all those in a Public Office or Government Position should be held to a higher standard and some form of punishment(Large fine to NHS for example) should of been levied, regardless of Party affiliation.

And just to be boring and repeat myself, I don’t include cummings in that.

Just find everytime on here cummings is discussed the tories line up the Labour idiots without ever mentioning one of their own, the one who has been on TV telling us how to behave during the lockdown. Very hypocritical to me.(y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Yes indeed. And that's one of the reasons the government's credibility is in the toilet which, in turn, is massively damaging to our chances of successfully dealing with this mess.
That's possibly a personal opinion Kaz and probably not shared right across this platform

chrisd

Major Champion
No Chris, never advocated that, but certainly believe all those in a Public Office or Government Position should be held to a higher standard and some form of punishment(Large fine to NHS for example) should of been levied, regardless of Party affiliation.

And just to be boring and repeat myself, I don’t include cummings in that.

Just find everytime on here cummings is discussed the tories line up the Labour idiots without ever mentioning one of their own, the one who has been on TV telling us how to behave during the lockdown. Very hypocritical to me.(y)
Hypocritical politicians Paul , now that would be a novelty 😖

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Surely if he was considered to have breached the rules all they would have done is to issue the standard fine , this is not, as far as I understand, a court matter
I think they should have said nothing as he wasn’t pulled by police.
But if they are going to say anything at least make a decision given he confessed on live TV.

chrisd

Major Champion
I think they should have said nothing as he wasn’t pulled by police.
But if they are going to say anything at least make a decision given he confessed on live TV.
Haven't they said that they considered it a "minor" matter and would have only sent him back to the house had they stopped him ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Haven't they said that they considered it a "minor" matter and would have only sent him back to the house had they stopped him ?
In his condition ( eye sight)
That’s not doing their job.
If Cummings had told them that excuse at the time.
He had two months to come up with a better one .

chrisd

Major Champion
In his condition ( eye sight)
That’s not doing their job.
If Cummings had told them that excuse at the time.
He had two months to come up with a better one .
If they did or didnt do their job I doubt a £60 fine would have been an issue to Cummings, and let's face it, he would have said that he had paid the price and that's that end of matter.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
If they did or didnt do their job I doubt a £60 fine would have been an issue to Cummings, and let's face it, he would have said that he had paid the price and that's that end of matter.
That might have been the best outcome .
He would at least been treated like anyone else fined for a breach of the lockdown.
But he wasn’t caught at the time.
Especially the ones fined for driving.
But as it is even though he admitted it Live on tv,Boris has said everything he did was legal.
By shutting down the press the way he did today will make them worse imo.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Cambridge, amongst others, would be to differ...

"to repeat something written or spoken using different words, often in a humorous form or in a simplerand shorter form that makes the original meaning clearer"

I think Mr Khan failed on most counts.
My understanding of the use of “paraphrase” is that it demonstrates understanding. It doesn’t achieve anything. I’m happy to be corrected though as I don’t have a reference to back it up 😉😂