Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Meanwhile Ian Blackford admits he travelled 600 mile to his estate in Scotland rather than stay in his subsidised London address.
did it for childcare reasons i'd imagine and from sneck to Broadford was to test his eyes:ROFLMAO:

andas for estate, council eastate maybe:LOL:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Isn't it.

Think I posted same earlier.

Got lost in the froth.
Time to move on, man did wrong, nothing going to happen with reporters trying to keep the story going. As to the argument, he did so I will, crack on, I know idiots that speed, drink and drive and are most probably not insured, doesn't mean I'm going to do it. Idiot put his family at risk, not my concern.

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
Sorry SILH but that post is absolute tripe imo. Boris was right to point out that the scientists shouldn't be directly asked to answer political questions. Boris isn't, by the looks of it, going to sack Cummings so why answer the same question time after time? How does Cummings have "something on our PM" , I suspect its because Cummings us considered vital to the future plans, especially Brexit and thereby lies the point - you remainers are keen to see him go, so to weaken the Brexit and hope that we then look to ask for the extension - no chance mate!
So to paraphrase, are you saying that Cummings is untouchable as Boris is an incompetent popularist and the rest of the cabinet are clueless charlatans, who left to their own devices will probably screw Brexit up. Which is not great as basically the only reason the vast majority of them are there in the first place is the fact they claimed to be able to get Brexit done?

chrisd

Major Champion
So to paraphrase, are you saying that Cummings is untouchable as Boris is an incompetent popularist and the rest of the cabinet are clueless charlatans, who left to their own devices will probably screw Brexit up. Which is not great as basically the only reason the vast majority of them are there in the first place is the fact they claimed to be able to get Brexit done?
Nope, I am saying that Cummings is the Government CHIEF advisor and will not be sacrificed just to be a notch on the belt of the biased BBC and gutter press even though I do accept the castle trip was not in keeping with the rules. However, if Cummings should go so should the 4 Labour MP's but I see no clamour for that and its therefore obvious that it's a purely a political matter and really not anything about what he'd done.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Time to move on, man did wrong, nothing going to happen with reporters trying to keep the story going. As to the argument, he did so I will, crack on, I know idiots that speed, drink and drive and are most probably not insured, doesn't mean I'm going to do it. Idiot put his family at risk, not my concern.
Agree.

Doesn't suit the pedants or the corduroy jacket brigade though.

So on we go...

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
One paraphrases in order to achieve greater clarity.

You've managed to achieve less old bean.

Sorry SILH but that post is absolute tripe imo. Boris was right to point out that the scientists shouldn't be directly asked to answer political questions. Boris isn't, by the looks of it, going to sack Cummings so why answer the same question time after time? How does Cummings have "something on our PM" , I suspect its because Cummings us considered vital to the future plans, especially Brexit and thereby lies the point - you remainers are keen to see him go, so to weaken the Brexit and hope that we then look to ask for the extension - no chance mate!
Nothing to do with Brexit other than I find it difficult to believe anything that Cummings says given his own admissions - and given he is the words behind Johnson that gives me problems when Johnson is shutting journalists up when they question him directly or indirectly about what Cummings did and whether it is appropriate for the rest of us. So tripe away. Keep asking the questions on Cummings LK, RP et al. Fine by me. And if Johnson wants to show himself up as an empty jacket who will shut down questioning he doesn't like then so be it.

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
Nope, I am saying that Cummings is the Government CHIEF advisor and will not be sacrificed just to be a notch on the belt of the biased BBC and gutter press even though I do accept the castle trip was not in keeping with the rules. However, if Cummings should go so should the 4 Labour MP's but I see no clamour for that and its therefore obvious that it's a purely a political matter and really not anything about what he'd done.
So even though it is universally acknowledged he did something that was at the very least against the spirit of the guidance, and no body believes the Barnard Castle eye test story so that is a lie, the fact that the BBC who were putting Darren Grimes on prime time radio yesterday and Daily Mail (actually I'll give you that one, fair point about the gutter press) want him to go means he shouldn't?

To be honest what razzes most people off is the lack of contrition, the lack of him looking vaguely sorry, the attempt by the government to say it was lawful, the fact that it is patently obvious that a message has come down that he can not apologize. And if the Labour MPs knowingly travelled somewhere when they knew a person travelling with them had Covid and then were not sorry then I agree, they should go as well.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Isn't it also interesting that the 4 Labour MP's who (apparently) broke the lockdown eg Kinnock etc, haven't been asked to resign by Starmer or the crew on here baying for Cummings departure ?
Isn't it.
Think I posted same earlier.
Got lost in the froth.
Yet no one quotes the tory minister who broke the rules.

Just those nasty Labour ones.:unsure:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro