Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #2,943

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Just back from a walk over towards the Lido... Any evidence of lockdown/distancing have absolutely disappeared into the ether... IMHO a lot of that firmly lies at the feet of government... Their spineless behaviour, over the last few days, has hardly been an indicator of leading by example...
Personally I don't buy that. Are we all headless chickens who can't make our own decisions about right and wrong, regardless of what others do. I'd suggest said people would have behaved exactly the same regardless of Cummings. Apart from the law, I also never buy into the "it'll set a precedent...do it for one and we'll have to do it for others" etc etc.

Anyway, as ever the press have missed the most important topic of yesterday and failed to ask Sturgeon "how are you getting your hair cut". ;)

Personally I don't buy that. Are we all headless chickens who can't make our own decisions about right and wrong, regardless of what others do. I'd suggest said people would have behaved exactly the same regardless of Cummings. Apart from the law, I also never buy into the "it'll set a precedent...do it for one and we'll have to do it for others" etc etc.

Anyway, as ever the press have missed the most important topic of yesterday and failed to ask Sturgeon "how are you getting your hair cut". ;)
Maybe she has a French lodger who is a barber? :)

drdel

Tour Rookie
Maybe practise what you preach as I have come out and said his explanation for travelling to Durham was acceptable imo.

Happy to be honest and open and have my mind changed when faced with more information, you seem to accept everything and anything someone with a blue rosette says.:rolleyes:
I said I reserved judgement but you claim I accept everything and I have stated before that I am not a Conservative, but obviously you will decide to ignore it: there is little to gain for the thread in thee and me continuing discusing matters.

Last edited:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner

My view is that by not taking a firm stance, with Cummings, the situation started going pear shaped too rapidly to be recovered... In an attempt to get the spotlight elsewhere Boris, more or less, signalled a relaxing/ending of lockdown measures... Now, whilst I am normally wholly against micro management by government there are circumstances, where I concede, some form leadership is in order...

As I understand it the constabulary were called to the Lido, yesterday, and I suspect their job wasn't made easier in the knowledge government were in the process of letting one of their own of the hook for failing to show some common sense self discipline...

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
My view is that by not taking a firm stance with Cummings the situation started going pear shaped too rapidly to be recovered... In an attempt to get the spotlight elsewhere Boris, more or less, signalled a relaxing/ending of lockdown measures... Now, whilst I am normally wholly against micro management by government there are circumstances, where I concede, some form leadership is in order...

As I understand it the constabulary were called to the Lido, yesterday, and I suspect their job wasn't made easier in the knowledge government were in the process of letting one of their own of the hook for failing to show some common sense self discipline...
Yes I thought the news of relaxing more lockdown was a deliberate ploy to deflect, does he really think the public are that gullible?

It would have been funny if it’s not so serious when he pulled his glasses out of his pocket and implied the virus has affected his eyesight when he’s said years ago he can hardly see without glasses.

chrisd

Major Champion
Maybe Boris should ask the press, and particularly Laura , Beth etc where they are managing to get their hair cut, coloured etc as I thought all hairdressers were still not working 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.