Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Slab

Money List Winner
Have seen a few Piers Morgan tweets I've agreed with over the last few days and now a front page on that rag.... I'm starting to worry about my moral compass :eek:

Seriously, though, if the tories have even lost the DM they're in trouble
I see the guy uses twitter like an addict but I thought he was well out of line using a picture of a child's funeral to make a point. Very insensitive & a bit twisted

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
Have seen a few Piers Morgan tweets I've agreed with over the last few days and now a front page on that rag.... I'm starting to worry about my moral compass :eek:

Seriously, though, if the tories have even lost the DM they're in trouble
Naa, the true test is if the usual suspects on this forum rebel. Then they really are screwed. ;)

Thread starter #2,750

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Just seen the latest scrum as he left his house. Photographers scrapping for the best shot of Cummings leaving his house again (wow how interesting) - how the hell are they getting away with such blatant non social distancing?

He needs to fall on his sword and resign. Regardless of the wrongs and rights the damage he is doing now is surely enough to make that the right choice.

Wolf

Just seen the latest scrum as he left his house. Photographers scrapping for the best shot of Cummings leaving his house again (wow how interesting) - how the hell are they getting away with such blatant non social distancing?

He needs to fall on his sword and resign. Regardless of the wrongs and rights the damage he is doing now is surely enough to make that the right choice.
For me 100% he should go for his actions.

But with regards the press they're missing an opportunity by behaving this way all for a sound bite. They could as easily get that by lining up using SD to highlight to Dom Cum they still follow rules unlike him, or better still all come together and not be there at all to effectively report unlike Cummings they believe in social distancing and are keeping their SD from him!

Instead doing what they are now shows them in similar vein to him in that there is no regard for SD as long as they get the story. Plus any resignation now he can play the press hounded him card meaning government further retreat and only speak to their approved Journos. They're missing a huge opportunity here.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

Met Polis obviously too busy sorting out the surge of lockdown protesters. ;)
Perhaps they could bus down some Durham PC's to quell the mob.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Tonight was true test of government

Cummings has had far too much power for a while. Sajid Javid told he could only stay on as chancellor if he sacked his advisors and hired ones Cummings had picked. To his credit javid resigned. Massive respect to him. Could have just kept the job.

If Boris had sacked him it would be a true statement of nobody is above the government. Cummings is unelected so we can do bugger all about him being in the position he is. Boris has shown the puppet master must be obeyed.

The left moaned he should have gone but him staying has prob cost more faith in Boris' leadership than most of the other handlings so far.

Everything else that's been done wrong he has acted on advice, later , delayed, mistakes happen. This wasn't a mistake. Time was taken over this decision and it wasn't a hard one.

Well done Boris.
Agree with all this .
My only question is “ is Cummings paid anything from the taxpayers purse?
If he is then I think there is scope to do something about him!
But can we force Boris to?

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Have any facts that his sister wasn't a suitable choice? Or are you just basing on personal experience .....
I don't know if she is suitable or not, any more than you do.

But then as I'm not making accusations that he drove 260 miles when there was suitable childcare 20 minutes away, I don't have to know if she would be suitable. As you're making the allegation you should, but apparently don't.

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
I can’t recall whether the guidance to self isolate if any member of your household showed symptoms included the words “at home”.

If not, then Cummings is trying to wriggle out of this mess by arguing the guidance he himself helped prepare wasn’t specific enough.

There is absolutely no question he should go. Even if his claim that he didn’t breach guidance is technically accurate, it’s semantics as far as the rest of us are concerned. He and his family should have stayed at home. End of.

To have behaved as he did, and then make no attempt to show any remorse when caught out, just shows what an arrogant self serving man he is.

Boris needs to grow a pair or he’s heading for a revolt. His failure to act last night serves to illustrate just how badly he had misjudged the public mood.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
I can’t recall whether the guidance to self isolate if any member of your household showed symptoms included the words “at home”.
If only there was some way of storing and recalling letters that a Prime Minister sends to the entire nation... :)

https://assets.publishing.service.g...etter_to_nation_on_coronovirus_Accessible.pdf

"That is why we are giving one simple instruction – you must stay at home. You should not meet friends or relatives who do not live in your home."

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
For me 100% he should go for his actions.

But with regards the press they're missing an opportunity by behaving this way all for a sound bite. They could as easily get that by lining up using SD to highlight to Dom Cum they still follow rules unlike him, or better still all come together and not be there at all to effectively report unlike Cummings they believe in social distancing and are keeping their SD from him!

Instead doing what they are now shows them in similar vein to him in that there is no regard for SD as long as they get the story. Plus any resignation now he can play the press hounded him card meaning government further retreat and only speak to their approved Journos. They're missing a huge opportunity here.
Or come to an agreement that one film crew & 2 still photographers maximum cover it and all images are shared? Don't know how that works re fees, but it would be an opportunity to modify existing arrangements & show Government how it is done?