Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
Lockdown's over folks.
Great news. I'm booking a 4 ball to celebrate.

I sometimes question their competence and methods but this time well done the government for acting decisively and showing the rest of the world how to deal with a crisis. I bet New Zealand will be envious, Japan and South Korea will want to know just how we did it. And as for Germany, well suck it up Fritz, we've conquered Covid 19 and which means we can leave the EU knowing that as we are practically back to normal now and leaving the EU won't impact us at all. Are you watching Merkel, look who's in the driving seat in the negotiations now!!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Great news. I'm booking a 4 ball to celebrate.

I sometimes question their competence and methods but this time well done the government for acting decisively and showing the rest of the world how to deal with a crisis. I bet New Zealand will be envious, Japan and South Korea will want to know just how we did it. And as for Germany, well suck it up Fritz, we've conquered Covid 19 and which means we can leave the EU knowing that as we are practically back to normal now and leaving the EU won't impact us at all. Are you watching Merkel, look who's in the driving seat in the negotiations now!!
We knew you'd come around in the end :cool:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Lockdown was over a long time before this story about yet another idiot came to light.

Yet another helicopter used to rescue an idiot who doesn't even understand tides and traveled 100 miles for the privilege.

Darwin Awards all around.
Unfortunatly they are always with us.
I should be able to get to Lundy on this Lilo 🙄

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
The UK public have all got a 'get out of jail free' card now,
If stopped by the Polis over lockdown just make some poo up and then reference Cummings.

I know the UK Government have had some criticism over folk 'misunderstanding' lockdown rules in England but this really does take the biscuit.

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
I'm no political expert but I feel this is the moment which the government lost what confidence it had stored up from the great British public regarding dealing with the Covid crisis. Believe me, I have tried trusting them. I'm sure some Labour supporters will be happy that the government seemingly is becoming increasing out of its depth as it is a political opportunity for them. But as a non Tory voter myself, to be honest this does scare me a bit as any government that does not command the confidence of the majority of the nation in times of crisis is a liability. And as can be seen from a few other countries, political incompetence and stupidity does lead directly to more deaths.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
The UK public have all got a 'get out of jail free' card now,
If stopped by the Polis over lockdown just make some poo up and then reference Cummings.

I know the UK Government have had some criticism over folk 'misunderstanding' lockdown rules in England but this really does take the biscuit.
So all of a sudden you want to be controlled by the rules applying to England, that's a first.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
I'm no political expert but I feel this is the moment which the government lost what confidence it had stored up from the great British public regarding dealing with the Covid crisis. Believe me, I have tried trusting them. I'm sure some Labour supporters will be happy that the government seemingly is becoming increasing out of its depth as it is a political opportunity for them. But as a non Tory voter myself, to be honest this does scare me a bit as any government that does not command the confidence of the majority of the nation in times of crisis is a liability. And as can be seen from a few other countries, political incompetence and stupidity does lead directly to more deaths.
People have short memories in the main. It will all blow over when Agnes is sitting on the beach this Monday complaining about Gertrud being to close and why did they come all the way down the Bognor for their Fish & Chips.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
I see. All the support to business, furloughing workers, helping self employed, supporting the NHS , increasing testing and so on means nothing to you because a Government Political Advisor decided in his opinion he wanted to move his young child to a place he felt was safe, be it right or wrong. I think the majority of people will see this for what it is and move on from it.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Just been reading some of the tweets by Conservative MPs supporting what Cummings did. It's interesting that almost all of them use very similar language...."entirely right", "obviously reasonable", "justifiable and reasonable", "inappropriate to politicise" etc. Someone more cynical than me might think that they had been told what to tweet.

Cummings.jpeg

pauldj42

Money List Winner
With my backside firmly on the fence when it comes to political shenanigans I do find it mildly amusing that people are suddenly finding the lockdown rules so clear yet a month ago they were so confusing and vague.......
Surely we were told a month ago that the rules were so clear there wasn’t an issue, it looks like they weren’t and those of us who were denied the right to attend a brothers funeral or how long we could exercise for were right all along.

drdel

Tour Rookie
So one family of 3 travels in a private vehicle and stays in isolation in a seperate house for the recommended time: number of people outside the family exposed. Nil I'd suggest.

Gang of 10-15 reporters and photographers clamour to get story of the terribly risky trip and consequential transmission of the virus, but do not SD.

Media and Golf Forum outraged, general public not so fussed. IMO, of course. ;);)

pauldj42

Money List Winner
So one family of 3 travels in a private vehicle and stays in isolation in a seperate house for the recommended time: number of people outside the family exposed. Nil I'd suggest.

Gang of 10-15 reporters and photographers clamour to get story of the terribly risky trip and consequential transmission of the virus, but do not SD.

Media and Golf Forum outraged, general public not so fussed. IMO, of course. ;);)
The behaviour of the media has been slated time and time again on here, including the worlds press outside St Thomas’s when boris was in hospital.

There is no justifiable reason for the journey he and his wife took, what about the risk if they’d of had an accident? What about exposing the vulnerable grandparents to the virus? What about the clear rules to not leave the house for 14 days? What about the lies she’s told in the articles she’s written? What about the fact the timelines don’t match? What about the Police being called liars.

Those are just the immediate questions.

PaulS

I’m not sure why anyone attempts to justify his actions

He clearly broke the governments own lockdown restrictions just like others have. I can’t go 2 miles to go into my parents house yet he drove 100’s of miles with symptoms.

As for the general public not being fussed - suggest reading social media to see that’s very much nowhere near the truth

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Yougov survey reports 68% adults believe Cummings broke Lockdown rules and 52% believe he should resign.

Totally fits with the opinion that 99% of the public are not fussed.