Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

True, that was more Matty Boy. PM was getting slightly Churchillian at one point, though .
..and German Ambassador to UK has stressed how this has been a fantastic pan-European effort - just in case anyone was mistaken...but great news of course that the UK pharma agencies has been able to approve it today 👍

But surely the less vulnerable will be able to wait and if rates are increasing restrictions will be imposed vaccine or not
We will...and I hope everyone (out there) understands that we remain as vulnerable as ever to infection and able to infect until we have the vaccinations. Of course the sooner and wider the more vulnerable are vaccinated the risk to that community from the rest of us reduces - but as you say - if we think that as the more vulnerable are vaccinated the rest of us can relax then the virus will have a field day ☹️

Last edited:

pauldj42

Money List Winner
We will...and I hope everyone understands that we remain as vulnerable as ever to infection and able to infect until we have the vaccinations. Of course the sooner and wider the more vulnerable are vaccinated the risk to that community from the rest of us reduces.
Sorry silh, but there’s no way your not in the 1st tranche! ie, most vulnerable categories.

1 - Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2 - All those aged 80 and over. Frontline health and social care workers
3 - All those aged 75 and over
4 - All those aged 70 and over. Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5 - All those aged 65 and over
6 - All individuals aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7 - All those aged 60 and over
8 - All those aged 55 and over
9 - All those aged 50 and over

Ethan

Money List Winner
..and German Ambassador to UK has stressed how this has been a fantastic pan-European effort - just in case anyone was mistaken...but great news of course that the UK pharma agencies has been able to approve it today 👍
They could have done precisely the same if we had been staying in the European Medicines Agency.

Sorry silh, but there’s no way your not in the 1st tranche! ie, most vulnerable categories.

1 - Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2 - All those aged 80 and over. Frontline health and social care workers
3 - All those aged 75 and over
4 - All those aged 70 and over. Clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5 - All those aged 65 and over
6 - All individuals aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7 - All those aged 60 and over
8 - All those aged 55 and over
9 - All those aged 50 and over
number 7s - come on down!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
A question, probably for @Ethan, but also for anyone else that might know. My stepdad will be in the 2nd group to be vaccinated as he's over 80. My mum will be in group 4 - between 70 and 75. Mrs Colch will be in group 6 with an underlying health condition. Being a young, fit whippersnapper myself I'm not in any of the groups and the two junior Colch's won't get the vaccine. At what point is it safe for my boys to give their grandma a hug? Is it after she's been vaccinated or would we be better waiting until Mrs Colch has been done as well?

BiMGuy

aye - what about all those keeping a hospital's networks running and at the same time increasing it's capacity without bringing the whole lot down - the engineers, technical architects and (ahem) the project managers (ahem)... working stupid o'clock to stupid o'clock in the wee small hours of the morning to minimise risk to hospital operations with no O/T or TOIL coming their way...;)
Indeed. Tell someone you work in construction and everyone assumes you are a hairy a£&*&& cowboy builder.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
You should live in Scotland Amanda.

Scots Government issues £500 one off payment to NHS staff.
30 minutes later it's a massive 'what about meeeeeeee.'
'I'm part time and I won't be getting £500.'
'I'm a bin man and I'm getting sod all'.
'Doctors don't need an extra £500 they are well paid etc etc etc.'
thank goodness for the Barnett formula!

Ethan

Money List Winner
A question, probably for @Ethan, but also for anyone else that might know. My stepdad will be in the 2nd group to be vaccinated as he's over 80. My mum will be in group 4 - between 70 and 75. Mrs Colch will be in group 6 with an underlying health condition. Being a young, fit whippersnapper myself I'm not in any of the groups and the two junior Colch's won't get the vaccine. At what point is it safe for my boys to give their grandma a hug? Is it after she's been vaccinated or would we be better waiting until Mrs Colch has been done as well?
Immunity will start to develop quite quickly, but the safe thing is to wait until about 28 days after the first shot, so if they are treating on schedule, about a week after the second. By then antibody levels will be peaking. Evidence is that older people respond just as well as younger.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Sorry if this has been asked but would you have the vaccine if you have had Covid. A guy is saying on telly why not, it would boost your immunity, but Covid Barry who I played with today says he don’t need it.
Yes. The vaccination programme will not be selecting out prior cases. The guy on the telly reflects the general view. You might not need it, but it won't do you any harm and might just turbocharge your immunity.

Last edited: