Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

AdamW

Just a quick one but can anyone recommend a washable mask which doesn't steam up with glasses? Having a nightmare shopping with mine

How do people feel about Trick or Treat this year..?
I have to say it doesnt strike me as a good idea.
I doubt many elderly (or indeed any of us) would find it very nice having half a doz kids at their door 'demanding money with menaces' (as that is what 'trick or treat' seems to me - and what guising never was)

If a neighbour or a friend with children let me know in advance that theirs - maybe with a few others - would like to come round and would I be OK with that - then fine. I'd welcome them to my door.

But random children/youths? No thankyou. Sorry.

KenL has it right. You have to deal with the glasses rather than the mask.
For normal daily mixed 'use' - I wear varifocal glasses - my contacts prescription is for distance (leisure) use. However, fed up with steaming up - I got a 'reading' prescription sorted for the contact lens of my left (non-dominant) eye. By wearing my distance/normal lens in my dominant (right) eye and the reading lens in my left eye, I can do normal mixed 'use' with contacts in. Not perfect of course, but perfectly adequate and no issues whatsoever, And so steaming up need no longer be an issue for me if I so choose.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Just a quick one but can anyone recommend a washable mask which doesn't steam up with glasses? Having a nightmare shopping with mine
Just tuck the top of the mask under the bridge of your glasses. You may need to position your glasses a little bit further down your nose but that works for me for the limited time I am shopping nowadays.

Reading between the lines of what I am hearing - our Test, Trace and Isolate system uses an Excel spreadsheet as the data exchange mechanism between our Testing system and our Track and Trace system. And the number of records exceeded the Excel limit - and so 16,000 didn't get exported from the former to the latter. Well...using Excel for the critical integration aspect of one of the UK's most critical systems. And we are paying many, many 10s of millions for this system. I am rather gob-smacked...

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Reading between the lines of what I am hearing - our Test, Trace and Isolate system uses an Excel spreadsheet as the data exchange mechanism between our Testing system and our Track and Trace system. And the number of records exceeded the Excel limit - and so 16,000 didn't get exported from the former to the latter. Well...using Excel for the critical integration aspect of one of the UK's most critical systems. And we are paying many, many 10s of millions for this system. I am rather gob-smacked...
Be interesting to know where you have got you info from

pauldj42

Money List Winner
By mentioning his selectivity, fine nice post.
That’s your interpretation, he simply provided his “source” when challenged.

How many “sources” did you require?
Maybe give him a list of your approved “sources” or accept it’s a bit more than rumour or facebook.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: