Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

There was an article on the BBC yesterday about the rule of 6 being removed for Xmas Day so that families could get together.
That must be a joke surely! Will the virus be in a festive spirit? :ROFLMAO:

Bet all those who complain about those who break the guidance and rules will be having all the family round and claiming a socially distanced dinner! :unsure:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Schools and teachers in particular are doing a hell of a lot of things to try and prevent the spread, including a lot of cleaning, minimizing sharing of stuff etc. On every schools website will (should) be a risk assessment detailing all they are doing and they make interesting reading.
Desks are sprayed and wiped every lesson and kids use hand gel when they enter rooms. Pupils wear masks in corridors and teachers wear masks when near pupils.
Makes for a tiring day!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Well got a letter from the headmaster that is a positive case in the school. It does not identify if staff or student. From the letter it sounds like a Year 3 child. Hence all those in the Y3 bubble will have to stay at home. The Y3 staff have been tested and currently waiting results. If indeed this is true, then it squashes the theory that young children cant get it and therefore dont transmit it to staff.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Well got a letter from the headmaster that is a positive case in the school. It does not identify if staff or student. From the letter it sounds like a Year 3 child. Hence all those in the Y3 bubble will have to stay at home. The Y3 staff have been tested and currently waiting results. If indeed this is true, then it squashes the theory that young children cant get it and therefore dont transmit it to staff.
Nobody said that children couldn't get it, but that they are much less likely to get a symptomatic case than older kids or adults, or to do badly.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Nobody said that children couldn't get it, but that they are much less likely to get a symptomatic case than older kids or adults, or to do badly.
Apologies that is true... my pub visit means i cant think correctly. The one i wanted to raise was more around kids being spreaders rather than being symptomatic. Assuming this was a 8 year old - they are now having the teaching staff checked over, their own parents/grans and also parents/grans of kids in his/her bubble.

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
My son's class, year 2 are currently isolating, year 1 are currently isolating and reception class have just started back after isolating.

Small school in an area of low infection rates.

The school year for all ages is going to be very stop start with several periods of isolation I suspect.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Maybe the virus is Christian and therefore does not work on the 25th. It too needs a day off. It has already stopped working after 10pm.

BTW. will Boris now blame everyone for spreading the virus during Christmas. He seems to now say that it was peoples fault for taking part in 'Eat Out' scheme..
Maybe - though I doubt it...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
I dont really think you can decide to relax things for one day as people take piss. One day turns into two and in turn becomes a few and some will completely take the piss and do exactly what they want.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
How do people feel about Trick or Treat this year..?
I have to say it doesnt strike me as a good idea.

Derry is know for throwing the biggest Halloween party in the UK. They have finally put to bed the idea of having some celebrations this year.

Partly due to the fact we have now become one of the highest areas per 100,000 in a short space of time.

Some linking the increase to a 10 day fun fair that was in operation around the 11th of September.

I remember seeing the big wheel from my window at work and couldn't belive my eyes. We couldn't use a rake at golf and this was in town. You couldn't make it up.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Certainly won't be taking my two out going door to door. However, our town are encouraging people to display a pumpkin in their windows and then families can go on a pumpkin trail with the kids. Every time they spot one we put a sweet in their bucket.

I dont really think you can decide to relax things for one day as people take piss. One day turns into two and in turn becomes a few and some will completely take the piss and do exactly what they want.
The last thing I could imagine letting a country do in a “pandemic” is allow a mass infectious scenario for one day. Want covid with your gravy grandma?
And it won’t be for one day, it’ll be Christmas Eve, Boxing Day And then it’ll be back to screaming “wear your damn mask”!

Absolute farcical that I can hear the twilight zone theme tune. :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Desks are sprayed and wiped every lesson and kids use hand gel when they enter rooms. Pupils wear masks in corridors and teachers wear masks when near pupils.
Makes for a tiring day!
Tell HID about it. She has been seconded from her HR role along with another lady to do nothing but walk around the school spraying the hand rails, door handles, dining areas, toilets as well as supplying every class with their own supply of cloths so they can wipe down their class after each lesson (and wash the dirty ones). Masks are mandatory for the kids in the corridors, library, common room, dining hall etc

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
One paper was moaning that Boris had ruined Halloween

Sorry but if you need the gov to tell you that during a global pandemic going from door to door collecting things and taking them home to eat then you really are stupid (not you just a rant)

Who cares about Halloween.. always next year. Move on

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Pumpkins going outside the back door this year and visiting our own house only, still get the fun but don't mix households.

Xmas is going to just be 5 of us, rather than the usual 14 or so and be a very curtailed affair. Minimize risk to the grandparents is priority.

One paper was moaning that Boris had ruined Halloween
It is pointless to blame the government for a global pandemic, it is happening and needs to be dealt with, plenty of time for analysis of it later. I think that is probably as far as we can go as we shouldn't get political around here, this is a golf forum after all.