Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Mask free, I try to think there is a genuine reason. Not always easy to do but lets think the best of people 🤔.

Mask wrong, usually pulled down from the nose, is just plain stupid. I also get slightly irrationally wound up by that one, you are not alone.
Given up trying to pull people up politely in the hospital and explain the risks to them and others. Most at the start were apologetic (some of the older people didn't even realise they had it on wrong) but as with a lot of things with this pandemic people seem to be becoming blase

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Seem El Presidento and Mrs El Presdiento have got it now. Wonder how it will impact him and if it changes his views on it like it has said to have done for Boris. But I guess he'll be necking the hydroxychloroquine now.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Seem El Presidento and Mrs El Presdiento have got it now. Wonder how it will impact him and if it changes his views on it like it has said to have done for Boris. But I guess he'll be necking the hydroxychloroquine now.
Trump is in a high risk category, old age group and he knows who ate all the pies. I would never wish anyone ill, but a chastening experience for him might change US policy to save a few less privileged people.

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
I was wondering the same, gets a doing at the first debate, makes a meal of the Proud Boys situ, and has another debate on the horizon.
Gets Cv-19, suddenly that's the news...
We can't really discuss that further, gets into the 'P' word.

If they have it good luck to them in their recovery.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
We can't really discuss that further, gets into the 'P' word.

If they have it good luck to them in their recovery.
Agreed, but sooner or later someone with sense will see that most things in life, these days especially, are underpinned by the P word and avoiding it completely makes for sterile conversation ;).

Solve for the root cause, not the symptom... that's my motto :)

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
I was wondering the same, gets a doing at the first debate, makes a meal of the Proud Boys situ, and has another debate on the horizon.
Gets Cv-19, suddenly that's the news...
Don't think it's fake. About 90% of people have already made their minds up on who they will vote for, so the campaign is more about getting your voters out as opposed to convincing people to come over to your side. So to energise his base I'd expect Trump to want to be out there saying the stuff he says, some may say dog whistling, I couldn't possibly comment. So seems a strange move to deliberately remove himself from the opportunity to say things about proud boys etc. Although I suppose he will still have twitter.

Temeura

Don't think it's fake. About 90% of people have already made their minds up on who they will vote for, so the campaign is more about getting your voters out as opposed to convincing people to come over to your side. So to energise his base I'd expect Trump to want to be out there saying the stuff he says, some may say dog whistling, I couldn't possibly comment. So seems a strange move to deliberately remove himself from the opportunity to say things about proud boys etc. Although I suppose he will still have twitter.
I agree, I think it is probably real but I can see reasons for them lying about this. If faked, he'll walk it off within a week to show what a strong man he is and try and paint Biden as a weak, old man. Trump loves being viewed as a Putin-esque strongman of politics.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Had my first cancellation due to symptoms within a bubble at the college.
Bubble sent home for a week as a precaution.
Fortunately I haven't seen the pupil since last Thursday so no issues for me..
And so it begins...
#2 into isolation as her boy came home from school with a temperature...
Could be a quiet couple of weeks workwise at this rate.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Trump is in a high risk category, old age group and he knows who ate all the pies. I would never wish anyone ill, but a chastening experience for him might change US policy to save a few less privileged people.
No chance - a couple of pints of Domestos to cleanse the inner body and he'll be back on the stage being as obnoxious as ever , with a miraculous recovery

pauldj42

Money List Winner
No chance - a couple of pints of Domestos to cleanse the inner body and he'll be back on the stage being as obnoxious as ever , with a miraculous recovery
Exactly, popularity will improve off the back of him defeating the virus and showing how “great” he is.:unsure:

Just before the election........

Ethan

Money List Winner
Not gonna lie, I didn't understand a lot of that (basically nothing). Is it good or bad?
Good. It means that immunity isn't all about the antibodies. Some people have T-cells (a circulating immune cell) that also defend against Covid. There may be more real immunity in the population than assumed from results of antibody testing.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
what is the positive test is Trumps final throw of the dice to get some sympathy votes.... he then skips a debate and then miraculously cures himself to win.. in case he loses, he can always blame the China virus..

his supporters will lap up any theory he comes up with

Lilyhawk

Good. It means that immunity isn't all about the antibodies. Some people have T-cells (a circulating immune cell) that also defend against Covid. There may be more real immunity in the population than assumed from results of antibody testing.
I knew he would eventually come to the aide of human kind. Just knew it.

MR.T.JPG