Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
I was wondering the same, gets a doing at the first debate, makes a meal of the Proud Boys situ, and has another debate on the horizon.
Gets Cv-19, suddenly that's the news...
Don't think it's fake. About 90% of people have already made their minds up on who they will vote for, so the campaign is more about getting your voters out as opposed to convincing people to come over to your side. So to energise his base I'd expect Trump to want to be out there saying the stuff he says, some may say dog whistling, I couldn't possibly comment. So seems a strange move to deliberately remove himself from the opportunity to say things about proud boys etc. Although I suppose he will still have twitter.

Temeura

Don't think it's fake. About 90% of people have already made their minds up on who they will vote for, so the campaign is more about getting your voters out as opposed to convincing people to come over to your side. So to energise his base I'd expect Trump to want to be out there saying the stuff he says, some may say dog whistling, I couldn't possibly comment. So seems a strange move to deliberately remove himself from the opportunity to say things about proud boys etc. Although I suppose he will still have twitter.
I agree, I think it is probably real but I can see reasons for them lying about this. If faked, he'll walk it off within a week to show what a strong man he is and try and paint Biden as a weak, old man. Trump loves being viewed as a Putin-esque strongman of politics.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Had my first cancellation due to symptoms within a bubble at the college.
Bubble sent home for a week as a precaution.
Fortunately I haven't seen the pupil since last Thursday so no issues for me..
And so it begins...
#2 into isolation as her boy came home from school with a temperature...
Could be a quiet couple of weeks workwise at this rate.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Trump is in a high risk category, old age group and he knows who ate all the pies. I would never wish anyone ill, but a chastening experience for him might change US policy to save a few less privileged people.
No chance - a couple of pints of Domestos to cleanse the inner body and he'll be back on the stage being as obnoxious as ever , with a miraculous recovery

pauldj42

Money List Winner
No chance - a couple of pints of Domestos to cleanse the inner body and he'll be back on the stage being as obnoxious as ever , with a miraculous recovery
Exactly, popularity will improve off the back of him defeating the virus and showing how “great” he is.:unsure:

Just before the election........

Ethan

Money List Winner
Not gonna lie, I didn't understand a lot of that (basically nothing). Is it good or bad?
Good. It means that immunity isn't all about the antibodies. Some people have T-cells (a circulating immune cell) that also defend against Covid. There may be more real immunity in the population than assumed from results of antibody testing.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
what is the positive test is Trumps final throw of the dice to get some sympathy votes.... he then skips a debate and then miraculously cures himself to win.. in case he loses, he can always blame the China virus..

his supporters will lap up any theory he comes up with

Lilyhawk

Swedish Cam Impersonator
Good. It means that immunity isn't all about the antibodies. Some people have T-cells (a circulating immune cell) that also defend against Covid. There may be more real immunity in the population than assumed from results of antibody testing.
I knew he would eventually come to the aide of human kind. Just knew it.

MR.T.JPG

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Yeah, but as Hils found out, that 10% can make a difference. Sadly that 10% are Murican and therefore easily led ;)

I agree, I think it is probably real but I can see reasons for them lying about this. If faked, he'll walk it off within a week to show what a strong man he is and try and paint Biden as a weak, old man. Trump loves being viewed as a Putin-esque strongman of politics.
If it's real then all the President's men and women who have been in close proximity with him over the last few days (and there will have been many) will also have to go into isolation for the period of gestation and then while their tests are processed. And that will include Kushner and Pence and many in the WH. Meanwhile he and they will not be able to be out there energising his support and trying to convert the undecided to his cause. Also remember that yesterday Trump was criticising Biden by claiming Biden was trying to get the next two debates cancelled.

larmen

Head Pro
If it's real then all the President's men and women who have been in close proximity with him over the last few days (and there will have been many) will also have to go into isolation for the period of gestation and then while their tests are processed. And that will include Kushner and Pence and many in the WH. Meanwhile he and they will not be able to be out there energising his support and trying to convert the undecided to his cause. Also remember that yesterday Trump was criticising Biden by claiming Biden was trying to get the next two debates cancelled.
They get their tests done immediately and skip the line for the analysis to be done.
But why? I thought it is a hoax? That what his people say, right?

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
Got emailed by eldest's school this evening informing of a positive case, they're now tracking contacts so we await to hear who'll need to isolate and maybe get tested (symptoms only). Not too confident wrt the fact tracking in the classroom environment may be reasonable but 90% of the kids pile down to Tesco every lunchtime in a massive huddle, if the infected kid is amongst that how can you track/trace in that scenario?
My mum is in our bubble as a sole occupier and we've just got to hers today for a visit (school hols) all within the rules. Intended staying a few days but may have to leave tomorrow depending on what we hear. Was a bit uncomfortable about coming tbh.

Also my Welsh niece and nephew's school hundreds of miles south in Gwynedd are in a similar situation, 4 kids testing positive there after a trip to Liverpool, they may or may not be sent home, up in the air.

Reading 12,800 new cases just today in UK, not good.

Is another hard lockdown becoming inevitable?