Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Slime

Tour Winner
First comp last weekend, shotgun start and lots of handshakes and hugs going on before during and after. Full bar open & seating for 80 at the post-round lunch. Back to sharing buggy’s again but still not touching the flag & no rakes. Only possible because there hasn’t been any ‘home-grown’ positive tests in the past 63 days

It almost felt 'normal' although the thought I couldn’t shake was, it’s great that its gone for now… but it will be back :cautious:
No rakes or touching the flags, but handshakes, hugs, full bar and seating for 80.
Doesn't make sense to me, mate.

Slab

Money List Winner
No rakes or touching the flags, but handshakes, hugs, full bar and seating for 80.
Doesn't make sense to me, mate.
Me neither, i guess the the flag/rake rules are club local rules still in place while the rest are just Gov rules & have been (unofficially) kinda shoved to the side until the airport reopens :eek:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Yes, I realise that locker rooms are closed under the guidance of England Golf - but under that same guidance they specifically mention that toilets can be open. Their advice is the same as that given by Dept for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport - in that (& I paraphrase) there has to be clear guidance on use, and on cleaning regimes, to make sure they are, and stay, clean. There isnt any prescribed regime set out in the guidance (eg every hour or whatever) - just the requirement that there is a suitable reqime in place. At our place, the locker rooms are closed but toilets are open - they're cleaned regularly but not hourly. Club manager has shared with me the guidance he's following regarding toilets (& clubhouse generally) and we're content we're operating within the guidance. Hence me wondering from where your Captain (or his source) got the 1hour interval from - in case we"re missing something.

We have toilet facilities that are not in the locker room adjacent to the bar area.

There are some areas of running the club that I totally leave to those in charge and cannot be bothered to try to sort out with them. It is after all what we pay the manager to do.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Lost my job today, first time I’ve been unemployed in 23 years, still a bitter blow.
Sorry to hear that. I'm facing my 2nd redundancy and recall the first one which was awful. I'd never been out of work plus we all left without proper goodbyes etc.

Hopefully you'll get sorted soon.

The guidelines for reopening churches (and that will no doubt apply to other places where people gather) are ‘demanding’ and restrictive - and so we are doing a quick poll round members to gauge how many would come to church to take part in worship as the rules allow - especially as so many are over 70. As we cannot sing our praises; fellowship is not possible; communion looks tricky, and numbers have to limited - I’m thinking we might not reopen for communal worship for some months. Rules also make opening our rooms and halls up to hirers pretty uneconomic if not almost impractical for both ourselves and the hirer. Anyway. Them’s the rules.

We are however going to have a go at opening our cafe.

bobmac

Major Champion
I am fortunate that I don't have to go to work, so I will not be going to the pub when it opens, I will not be having my haircut next week and I will not be going to the beach if the sun comes out.
I don't care what stuff is posted in the media, as far as I am concerned, the virus is still out there and if staying at home reduces the chance of me catching the virus then stay at home I shall.

Thread starter #7,913

drdel

Tour Rookie
I am fortunate that I don't have to go to work, so I will not be going to the pub when it opens, I will not be having my haircut next week and I will not be going to the beach if the sun comes out.
I don't care what stuff is posted in the media, as far as I am concerned, the virus is still out there and if staying at home reduces the chance of me catching the virus then stay at home I shall.
You do realise that using common sense is not fashionable. We all need everything on a plate so we always have someone else to blame. 👍

bobmac

Major Champion
You do realise that using common sense is not fashionable. We all need everything on a plate so we always have someone else to blame. 👍
I've never understood fashion.
Pay an extra £7 to have ripped jeans so you dont have to :eek:

Untitled0.jpgcccc.jpg

Boozey neighbour... I'm going to the pub on Saturday
Friend....You don't have to go
Bn...but I can go so I will
Fd...but you don't have to go
Bn...but I can go so I will
Fd...you can jump off the roof of your house if you want to
Boozey neighbour thinks......................... I'm going to the pub on Saturday.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
The guidelines for reopening churches (and that will no doubt apply to other places where people gather) are ‘demanding’ and restrictive - and so we are doing a quick poll round members to gauge how many would come to church to take part in worship as the rules allow - especially as so many are over 70. As we cannot sing our praises; fellowship is not possible; communion looks tricky, and numbers have to limited - I’m thinking we might not reopen for communal worship for some months. Rules also make opening our rooms and halls up to hirers pretty uneconomic if not almost impractical for both ourselves and the hirer. Anyway. Them’s the rules.

We are however going to have a go at opening our cafe.
I was speaking to my friend and neighbour the Minister a month ago. He was a bit glum with what was happening so I'm gave him my business plan for the village church.

There is a small field adjacent to the manse, get a mower and mow circles 2m apart for social distancing.
Get a large soap box and borrow a PA system, get the half dozen or so village guitarists to accompany the singers/choir.
Collection payment would be by pre payed Pay Pal.
Basically go back to the Wee Frees.
This seemed to cheer him up quite a bit but then he said 'what do we do if it rains.':love:

Thread starter #7,916

drdel

Tour Rookie
I was speaking to my friend and neighbour the Minister a month ago. He was a bit glum with what was happening so I'm gave him my business plan for the village church.

There is a small field adjacent to the manse, get a mower and mow circles 2m apart for social distancing.
Get a large soap box and borrow a PA system, get the half dozen or so village guitarists to accompany the singers/choir.
Collection payment would be by pre payed Pay Pal.
Basically go back to the Wee Frees.
This seemed to cheer him up quite a bit but then he said 'what do we do if it rains.':love:
I hear the Sun shines on the good!

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Over 20 outbreaks in Spain in the last week, 11 of which are concerning the authorities. 4 regions knocked back 2 phases into lockdown.

We have a small outbreak in the village - just received an email from the mayor.

A good friend from the bowls club is in ICU in Almeria very, very poorly... half a dozen people were out with him and his wife on Friday - people are, metaphorically, looking over their shoulder.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
It's not a bad attitude to have. I am only working, coming home on the train/bus (which is making me more and more nervous) and going to the practice ground once a week and playing at weekends. I am in two minds about stopping for a beer in the clubhouse at the weekend. In normal circumstances I'd definitely be there for three or four but despite the best intent of the club and bar staff I'm concerned about how safe it'll be

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I know that some instructors are breaking the lockdown....seems to be some confusion as to whether their insurance is valid..if notmthen they're risking a lot.
There's been plenty of "key workers" going out as they're allowed to.
Lots of anger on social media about us going back and having to break the 1m rule..in a pub garden you have to keep your 1 m distance or keep interactions down to 15 minutes but it's fine to sit 6 inches away from someone for an hour or two in an enclosed steel box......even wearing coverings and gloves.....Yeah Right......:poop:
I saw a lesson being given this morning, no question. The car was fully emblazoned, L triangle on the top. The learner driver had a mask and gloves on. There was certainly no attempt to go under the radar.