Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
Train maybe, on the others theyd have been pretty aware based on the traffic levels miles and miles before they got close to the beaches. Do they turn around? no of course not they sit in traffic then dump there 4x4 wherever they want because the car parks are full not even bothered if they are blocking peoples property/restricting access for emergency vehicles and happy to pay the parking fine as its not enough of a deterrent to the me me me generation
Apparently they have had to close the parking barrier to the entrance to my flat, as people have been parking in the private car park to go to the beach, leaving residents with nowhere to park. Thanks idiots. I don't park in your driveway.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
I'm seeing loads of lessons being taken in branded learner vehicles all over the country, and especially in and around London.
I know that some instructors are breaking the lockdown....seems to be some confusion as to whether their insurance is valid..if notmthen they're risking a lot.
There's been plenty of "key workers" going out as they're allowed to.
Lots of anger on social media about us going back and having to break the 1m rule..in a pub garden you have to keep your 1 m distance or keep interactions down to 15 minutes but it's fine to sit 6 inches away from someone for an hour or two in an enclosed steel box......even wearing coverings and gloves.....Yeah Right......:poop:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
The Bournemouth issue is terrible. However if a family caught a bus, train or drove to the beach to give their kids etc a break they wouldnot have known that 10,000 other were doing the same.

That is different from protests, raves etc organised to bring large numbers of people together.
I live in Northumberland, have lived in the north of England all of my life but even I know that half of the south of England descends on Bournemouth when the weather is good. When it is has been as hot as it has been you would have to be pretty clueless to think Bournemouth would be anything other than rammed yesterday. No one there yesterday has a get out of jail card using that excuse.

Funniest moment on the J.Vine show today on the radio. A Bournemouth resident, on the beach, complaining about everyone else being on the beach making it so busy. He was like the slow golfer who thinks everyone else is causing slow play, never him/her. Even Jeremy found the irony meter twitching at that one.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Apparently they have had to close the parking barrier to the entrance to my flat, as people have been parking in the private car park to go to the beach, leaving residents with nowhere to park. Thanks idiots. I don't park in your driveway.
Must be terrible for you.

Some of those "idiots" may not have a driveway, or even a garden.

Not that I'm condoning their behaviour.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Must be terrible for you.

Some of those "idiots" may not have a driveway, or even a garden.

Not that I'm condoning their behaviour.
well you are clearly part excusing it on the basis they may or may not have a drive or garden. even if they dont, why does that give them the right to park on someone elses private property to go to the beach?

based on most of the vehicles that are parked where they shouldnt be round here, expect very few of them dont have a drive for their 4x4 or a garden!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
This morning whilst cutting my own hair for about the 4th time since lock down I am wondering if my hairdresser has lost a customer. (and I do not just cut to a number 2).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
I can't find anywhere in the lounge to post this, so if its in the wrong place, tough!

So, England Golf new guidelines email received, and its great news for clubhouses opening on July 4th, so we can now access the bar and restaurant, BUT, the changing rooms can't open, who thought that one up?

Now I don't know about you, but when naked with other naked people around me, I'm not too keen on getting that close anyway:unsure:

Will clubs be supplying free deodorant so we can breathe in the bar :eek:
Yes I noticed that one and wondered about it. Question to the Captain and the reply came it is because of the toilet facilities. The requirement is that toilets have to be cleaned every hour to remain available for use.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
This morning whilst cutting my own hair for about the 4th time since lock down I am wondering if my hairdresser has lost a customer. (and I do not just cut to a number 2).
My wife has made this comment specifically about women and hair colouring. Having done their own through lockdown how many will go back to paying the significant amount extra to get it done in a salon? It's a great earner for hairdressers, it could hit them.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
My wife has made this comment specifically about women and hair colouring. Having done their own through lockdown how many will go back to paying the significant amount extra to get it done in a salon? It's a great earner for hairdressers, it could hit them.

My daughter doing her colouring own at home cost me a new bath and new flooring when she finally moved out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Yes I noticed that one and wondered about it. Question to the Captain and the reply came it is because of the toilet facilities. The requirement is that toilets have to be cleaned every hour to remain available for use.
Because I don't drive, I arranged dispensation with the club to store my clubs at the club and arrange access to the locker room when I arrived. Has been working really well and both the club and I have been very happy. Been told the same today and that I won't be able to go to the locker room at all - it'll be locked totally once the bar opens but they are arranging to store my clubs somewhere else in the clubhouse - probably the GM's office. Bit of a ball ache but I totally get the reasoning and just thankful the club has been so accommodating during reopening to let me get up to the club midweek, get my stuff and play/practice

Not sure where he got that one from?

It's not in any guidance I've seen. Even the current DCMS guidance only says that operators should be "Setting clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets to ensure they are kept clean and social distancing is achieved" and England Golf are using the same words

Crazyface

Tour Winner
I'm struggling with this now. The British countries leaders are all saying different things about what is allowed at different times, yet when people break these "rules" they do sod all about it. (Raves / Beaches / League winning celebrations). Just exactly why are they all bothering to give us rules about what to do if they do not enforce them? I'm done with it all. I'm currently working in a supermarket and they are now letting bluddy big famillies in together with kids running all over the place so have now decided to just do what ever I want to do as most others are anyway. Those people I'm in contact with know the signs to watch out for, so if they have them they will let me know. No problem.

I suggest those of you that can, do the same. Stuff it.

Crazyface

Tour Winner

It's not in any guidance I've seen. Even the current DCMS guidance only says that operators should be "Setting clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets to ensure they are kept clean and social distancing is achieved" and England Golf are using the same words
How are work toilets being cleaned and sanitized? After each use? Nah they aren't. So why should pubs/ clubs/ golf cluhouses do any different?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro

Some else said the same a on another thread. Maybe club managers are being sent a fuller brief than us.

I certainly saw on the last brief from England golf about the opening of lounges - "Locker rooms to remain closed" or words to that effect.

Some else said the same a on another thread. Maybe club managers are being sent a fuller brief than us.

I certainly saw on the last brief from England golf about the opening of lounges - "Locker rooms to remain closed" or words to that effect.
Yes, I realise that locker rooms are closed under the guidance of England Golf - but under that same guidance they specifically mention that toilets can be open. Their advice is the same as that given by Dept for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport - in that (& I paraphrase) there has to be clear guidance on use, and on cleaning regimes, to make sure they are, and stay, clean. There isnt any prescribed regime set out in the guidance (eg every hour or whatever) - just the requirement that there is a suitable reqime in place. At our place, the locker rooms are closed but toilets are open - they're cleaned regularly but not hourly. Club manager has shared with me the guidance he's following regarding toilets (& clubhouse generally) and we're content we're operating within the guidance. Hence me wondering from where your Captain (or his source) got the 1hour interval from - in case we"re missing something.

Slab

Money List Winner
When the clubs here first reopened the locker rooms/toilets were cleaned/sanitized after every use with only limited showers, basins, toilets etc in use to make it more practical & a max of 2 people in a locker room at any one time. Two staff on through the day looking after those areas at the local club

Slab

Money List Winner
First comp last weekend, shotgun start and lots of handshakes and hugs going on before during and after. Full bar open & seating for 80 at the post-round lunch. Back to sharing buggy’s again but still not touching the flag & no rakes. Only possible because there hasn’t been any ‘home-grown’ positive tests in the past 63 days

It almost felt 'normal' although the thought I couldn’t shake was, it’s great that its gone for now… but it will be back :cautious: