Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Not totally sure but is 2 weeks the maximum period, in other words, if a spike is coming, should we be seeing a rise over a number of days as people take differing amounts of time to start showing symptoms.
I read a report that for those affected most seriously from the virus it was on average 23 days between being infected and dying, which would mean looking for a spike in the number of deaths 3 to 4 weeks after whatever event took place. Not sure how each event will relate to recorded infections as it will depend on how many people that were there go for a test if they show symptoms rather than isolating.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Not totally sure but is 2 weeks the maximum period, in other words, if a spike is coming, should we be seeing a rise over a number of days as people take differing amounts of time to start showing symptoms.
Yes I thought it was 7 days for symptoms but 14 to make sure your free of it!

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Ended my car lease today as a direct result of this mess..had to take it back to Leicester and was chauffeured home in Fragger's Limo....
Setting up my own car to use once we get allowed out..just getting some numbers off the bottom line each month...
Now owning a car for the first time since 03..

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
So we've just collected the mini beast from her first day back at Primary School (Year 1) and the change in her temperament and general demeanour is like night and day. Over the last week or so (I think she's had about 10 weeks of being at home) we've noticed that she's been harder to deal with, sullen and a lot more emotional.

Today she went in from 9:30-15:20 and she's not stopped talking about her 'bubble' and all the children in her bubble and having lunch at her desk (she had a cheese burger....a cheese roll) and did a lot of playing outside. She's so excited to have gone back and I think it's going to do her (and probably us) the world of good to have some time outside of the house with other people.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Some good news. New Zealand has lifted all internal restrictions. No need to wear masks, no need to distance (although they do suggest it is a good idea still), no limits on gatherings etc. The only thing in place still is self isolation for people entering the country.

Where they go, we will follow, eventually :D
Nice, so when the second wave hits it will rip through there like wildfire as they have zero antibodies

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Weird day for me. First day back from furlough as office is the busiest we've ever known and workload simply unmanageable. Helped out with admin from home and didn't come up for air apart from the odd loo break! Only made a tiny dent in the outstanding work. Doubling my hours for...who knows how long...all that despite us being part of the group proposal to close as a cost cutting exercise. Really feel for the full time staff who worked on whilst many were furloughed, cancelled annual leave and worked their socks off in the belief they were saving jobs for them and their colleagues :cry:

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
Six of our office of ten have now tested positive for antibodies. Only one had any symptoms.

If that is anywhere near replicated in the big, wide world, we may be well on the way to herd immunity without trying.

GB72

Money List Winner
Weird day for me. First day back from furlough as office is the busiest we've ever known and workload simply unmanageable. Helped out with admin from home and didn't come up for air apart from the odd loo break! Only made a tiny dent in the outstanding work. Doubling my hours for...who knows how long...all that despite us being part of the group proposal to close as a cost cutting exercise. Really feel for the full time staff who worked on whilst many were furloughed, cancelled annual leave and worked their socks off in the belief they were saving jobs for them and their colleagues :cry:
I know how that feels. Bit awkward for those working on most of whom have not had a break since Xmas whilst others have been at home in 80-100% pay. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I worked for my sanity and because it suggests I am safer if redundancies come later but also in a position where I am now ineligible for furloughs from Wednesday so if people have to go, I may be straight out whilst those on furlough may be kept in until October

Foxholer

Major Champion
Nice, so when the second wave hits it will rip through there like wildfire as they have zero antibodies
Where is the 2nd wave going to come from?
What was missing from the earlier post is that have had zero cases reported for more than a fortnight!
Still a fortnight isolation/quarantine for Kiwis returning and no foreigners allowed in.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52961539

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
I know how that feels. Bit awkward for those working on most of whom have not had a break since Xmas whilst others have been at home in 80-100% pay. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I worked for my sanity and because it suggests I am safer if redundancies come later but also in a position where I am now ineligible for furloughs from Wednesday so if people have to go, I may be straight out whilst those on furlough may be kept in until October
They're a good team who work hard and professionally and one said "I'm devastated. They've broken me. I feel betrayed" - strong emotions but I fully understand why.

DanFST

Head Pro
Six of our office of ten have now tested positive for antibodies. Only one had any symptoms.

If that is anywhere near replicated in the big, wide world, we may be well on the way to herd immunity without trying.

I posted something similar a few weeks ago. I'd be very surprised if London wasn't almost there already.

GB72

Money List Winner
I posted something similar a few weeks ago. I'd be very surprised if London wasn't almost there already.
Sort of agree with that. Cannot see the whole of London being so totally complicit with lockdown to cause the drops that they have seen and at the rate it has dropped

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
It doesn't really work like that. If in a similar role, all in that role would have to be considered for redundancy, furlough or not. Making any not furloughed redundant would leave a huge gap for legal action, and I am not sure many companies right now would have the stomach for that.

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner

The Oxford University model suggested that 50% of us already had it weeks ago, and anecdotal evidence that I'm aware of suggests that this has been with us a lot longer than when the lockdown started. We need more testing to verify that and start returning to normality if it is the case.