Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
take the 2nd grant and see where the land lies in August, oh and get the handicap down in the meantime ;)
Need some rain on the course first ....its blooming hard work at the moment.

It's not just the getting back to work...will people have enough money for lessons? If I need PPE, how much, how often, what cost, how long.
As it is I won't be able to do as many lessons in a day as the entire driver's side will need scrubbing down before and after every lesson..another extra cost while earnings fall...
Now, where's that beer.....

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Just seen pictures of the demo in London today, not a lot of SD going on, track and tracers gonna have their work cut out if there is an outbreak.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
I really don't like these protests in the UK. We've seen it on a number of occasions that while these may have good intentions to support the cause, it also seems to attract the rent-a-mob with an intent to cause damage and act illegally. Add in the distinct lack of social distancing which in the current situation with the R number so close to 1 and the potential should it rise over that mark of more restrictions, perhaps even a second lockdown, then there has to be a very good chance of infection spreading.

We now have landmarks being defaced and a policeman punched so how can this be seen as a peaceful protest and where is the social responsibility towards containing Covid?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Is anyone else concerned by the apparent flattening of the declining curve for daily recorded deaths on the 7 day rolling average which now seems to be flattening out quite significantly?

Daily deaths.jpg

Another concern is that on the day that the report was released confirming that BAME people were at higher risk from the virus we have thousands of people, with many being BAME, congregating for protests with little regard for social distancing. How many of them will have picked up the virus and be taking it back into households with higher risk individuals?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Putting approximate "best fit" lines through the data highlights the flattening of the curve. Was this to be expected as we progressed through the pandemic or could it be linked to relaxation of the lock down?

Daily deaths_2.jpg

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Putting approximate "best fit" lines through the data highlights the flattening of the curve. Was this to be expected as we progressed through the pandemic or could it be linked to relaxation of the lock down?

View attachment 31029
Looking at behaviour on the TV and local area, people seem to have become very relaxed, the Government message almost seems to have disappeared from peoples minds.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner

View attachment 31029
A lot of it seems to be down to the way the numbers are presented to the public and also how or indeed when they are recorded. The was a graph which showed when the actual deaths occured and that gave a steady decline.

I’m not sure if the deaths from the virus could be attributed towards the easing of restrictions but the level of new cases could be

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner

View attachment 31029
It's very difficult to tell. I guess the trend line for that would be the one showing new infections. I think deaths are difficult to extrapolate due to the previous risk variables.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
I am pleased to announce that when I left work today, we as an ICU are free of all Covid-19 patients. The last two were discharged to respiratory wards to continue their recovery. The only slight negative to that is a report from our Outreach team that there has been a spike in COvid admissions to short stay and HMU so the respite may be short lived. Hopefully not

Backache

Assistant Pro
"Suggests that it might be" .................................... so, they don't actually know!
That's not news, that's guesswork.
There is no certainty about any single measure of R, it doesn't mean it's guesswork in the sense that it's random, it's just imprecise.
If you're a carpenter and look at a piece of wood and are asked how long it is, you could eyeball it and say it's about 30 cm, you could take a measure out and say it's about 29 cm.
You could use a precision laser measure and say it's 29.06 cm.
There would be varying degrees of accuracy and only one would resemble a guess , and even that one would generally be a pretty good approximation if the carpenter was experienced.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Some good news. New Zealand has lifted all internal restrictions. No need to wear masks, no need to distance (although they do suggest it is a good idea still), no limits on gatherings etc. The only thing in place still is self isolation for people entering the country.

Where they go, we will follow, eventually :D

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Some good news. New Zealand has lifted all internal restrictions. No need to wear masks, no need to distance (although they do suggest it is a good idea still), no limits on gatherings etc. The only thing in place still is self isolation for people entering the country.

Where they go, we will follow, eventually :D
I'd happily go and isolate there, fantastic country 👍

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Been for our walk around the Lido... Council have now employed security, with dogs, to keep the beach area clear... Fencing not being sufficient by all accounts... A friend, over the weekend, advised his daughter (in Canada) had called to say footage of the Lido had been used in the news, over there, to show Brits failing to distance...

GB72

Money List Winner
well with the weather forecast being pretty poor for the next couple of weeks (temps high but rain most days) that may keep a few off the beaches. It will be interesting to see where we are then. As far as I am aware, we have not seen a spike from either of the 2 bank holidays when people were prophesying that it was inevitable and so let us see how we get through the protest weekend.

Thread starter #7,660

drdel

Tour Rookie
well with the weather forecast being pretty poor for the next couple of weeks (temps high but rain most days) that may keep a few off the beaches. It will be interesting to see where we are then. As far as I am aware, we have not seen a spike from either of the 2 bank holidays when people were prophesying that it was inevitable and so let us see how we get through the protest weekend.
Two week leadtime.