Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Lol, that is the problem you think it is BS, well you are absolutely incorrect, wrong and are talking out of a deep black hole. It is all over the press, photos. We are living it down here but no mind it may be fine where you are it certainly is not here.

Sandbanks Beach

Durdle Door

Bournemouth Pier

And on and on it's been this past week, you know the week where you can only meet with 1 person outside your home and you too are a 1 meaning no more than 2 people i suppose young kids can be there too.

I think the pictures speak for themselves

Don't worry he's been calling people out about it for ages. I posted on here after seeing both local news and the pictures on news websites, press and social media and was told it was crap.

Reemul

Head Pro
Murph was down here. I’m the other end nearer Christchurch. It was busier but not manic. In the absence of any guidance, I’m not sure what expectations we should have. People must have been expected, so bins & toilets should be made available.
I had a friend who went to Mudeford Quay at the week and another to the river there and it was really quiet, I went to Pamhill Dairies and there was no one there however certain places are horrendous as I mentioned my Sister In law for whatever reason went to our beach hut and it ws so bad came home again and our beach hut is at Branksome inbetween Shore Road and the pier the furthest point along for anyone and even in high season is relatively quiet hence why we love it the fact it was rammed there early indicates how bad it was

therod

Money List Winner
I had a friend who went to Mudeford Quay at the week and another to the river there and it was really quiet, I went to Pamhill Dairies and there was no one there however certain places are horrendous as I mentioned my Sister In law for whatever reason went to our beach hut and it ws so bad came home again and our beach hut is at Branksome inbetween Shore Road and the pier the furthest point along for anyone and even in high season is relatively quiet hence why we love it the fact it was rammed there early indicates how bad it was
hengistbury head was getting busy @ 9am on sat morning. I’d never go to the beach in the day anyway but I suspect it was a normal summer Saturday. If you announce an easing of the lockdown prior to the Monday, over the hottest period of the year you’d have to expect it. Seems like the council were unprepared though.
I’m not sure you can expect individual accountability if the government guidance is so confused

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
She hasn't yet. Tho her desk mate was hospitalised a few days before I started showing symptoms, so we're guessing she actually gave it to me! The night I really struggled she helped me and then after quarantined with me in the whole flat, so you would assume she definitely had it by that point even if she wasn't the first of us. Will post up when she's able to get a test, but I think it will be a while.

It really is, there has to be something we haven't worked out yet. I can't believe the heavily asthmatic buddy of mine had no idea he'd had it, he was pushed to work the ICU and was bricking it.
I can add to the good news stories in a way.

Tests I have had done today confirmed I have almost certainly had coronavirus and any symptoms were so mild that I didn’t even know. I know of another work colleague in the same position.

Bottom line, there are likely as not tens if not hundreds of thousands out there just like me, who have had it and didn’t even know. But the press and media aren’t reporting that, are they, because it doesn’t sell copy.

They continue to focus on the death and misery, which is causing so many, especially the elderly and vulnerable, immeasurable anxiety.

Reemul

Head Pro
hengistbury head was getting busy @ 9am on sat morning. I’d never go to the beach in the day anyway but I suspect it was a normal summer Saturday. If you announce an easing of the lockdown prior to the Monday, over the hottest period of the year you’d have to expect it. Seems like the council were unprepared though.
I’m not sure you can expect individual accountability if the government guidance is so confused
While I agree in principle it's really annoying people can't control themselves and then are quick to complain about any and everything followed by those that deny it happening just because it is not happening to them directly.

As a direct example my wife who is one down from shielding has returned to work as a teacher today. She will be in close contact with around 20 adults and the kids in school. She is wondering how many of those kids or adults have been to those beaches and locations and not really SD'd and how much more at risk is she than if everyone followed the guidelines.

With 3 holes in one of her lungs she is fine unless she actually gets it, then it could kill her like the Pneumonia almost did a while back (10 days in Intensive Care). So she is fine to work but needs everyone to follow the rules to ensure she is safe and instead she see's all of the above and does not feel safe, then she has people denying it is happening and some saying it's fake, not real, won't kill you, live with it t,o add she is a lazy cow because she is a teacher who works 9-3 with 13 weeks paid holiday and does sod all all the time.

Talk about people coming together and clapping on a Thursday, supporting each other in these difficult times when in fact lots of them are hypocritics and think of nothing but of themselves.

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
Well, I don't rely on the media, which is handy, as I then don't need to follow their agenda. I have been along the beach, seen people queueing with social distancing for ice creams. The toilets are all closed.
I have also been up the top at West Cliff, and a few other places. The view of people on the beach is quite different from an elevated perspective, and really does not show what the.media would have you believe.
I also think that some of the people on here have no sense of how close 2m is. Most people are way further away from the nearest person that 2m.

But hey, what would I know. It's much better to comment on pictures in the press.

I can't comment on Durdle door, I was not there.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner

the Quays a lot busier now that they have reopened the Haven for takeaways!

GB72

Money List Winner
Don't worry he's been calling people out about it for ages. I posted on here after seeing both local news and the pictures on news websites, press and social media and was told it was crap.
There is, however, a difference in be
Well, I don't rely on the media, which is handy, as I then don't need to follow their agenda. I have been along the beach, seen people queueing with social distancing for ice creams. The toilets are all closed.
I have also been up the top at West Cliff, and a few other places. The view of people on the beach is quite different from an elevated perspective, and really does not show what the.media would have you believe.
I also think that some of the people on here have no sense of how close 2m is. Most people are way further away from the nearest person that 2m.

But hey, what would I know. It's much better to comment on pictures in the press.

I can't comment on Durdle door, I was not there.
This is it, first hand accounts I am happy to accept. Press and social media being professionally outrages, far less so. Certainly would never take it as gospel truth.

therod

Money List Winner
While I agree in principle it's really annoying people can't control themselves and then are quick to complain about any and everything followed by those that deny it happening just because it is not happening to them directly.

As a direct example my wife who is one down from shielding has returned to work as a teacher today. She will be in close contact with around 20 adults and the kids in school. She is wondering how many of those kids or adults have been to those beaches and locations and not really SD'd and how much more at risk is she than if everyone followed the guidelines.

With 3 holes in one of her lungs she is fine unless she actually gets it, then it could kill her like the Pneumonia almost did a while back (10 days in Intensive Care). So she is fine to work but needs everyone to follow the rules to ensure she is safe and instead she see's all of the above and does not feel safe, then she has people denying it is happening and some saying it's fake, not real, won't kill you, live with it t,o add she is a lazy cow because she is a teacher who works 9-3 with 13 weeks paid holiday and does sod all all the time.

Talk about people coming together and clapping on a Thursday, supporting each other in these difficult times when in fact lots of them are hypocritics and think of nothing but of themselves.
I’d hate to be in her position, not sure I’d trust everyone to follow the rules when the rules are ambiguous. Anyone that came to the beach on the weekend broke no rules from what I can see. They were perhaps a little premature, but if you broadcast an easing on the thurs for the following mon, you can guarantee everyone is out at the weekend if it’s nice. hope she’s ok in a school environment, only 6 weeks to the summer holidays 👍👍👍

therod

Money List Winner

This is it, first hand accounts I am happy to accept. Press and social media being professionally outrages, far less so. Certainly would never take it as gospel truth.
‘Beach is more busy than before after lockdown lifted’ doesn’t really sell papers!!

Reemul

Head Pro

But we are living it here, I just dont have any pictures of it to show you so linking the media is the only way. The beach front path is barely 2m's on it owns you cannot walk along it and social distance add in thousands of people and there is no social distancing. It would work if peole just sat 2m away from each other but they do nto, they get up , swim, play and do other stuff all meaning you are too close.

Many of the beach goers are meeting with other families in large groups, they are everywhere yet at the weekend this was not allowed and even now it's a maximum of 6 people per group yet there are massive groups.

The weekend before we went to Upton Country Park and counted 5 seperate groups with at least 2 groups per group and more than 6 people in them. Many people are not following any sort of social distancing rule. Some are but there are plenty who are not.

Reemul

Head Pro
‘Beach is more busy than before after lockdown lifted’ doesn’t really sell papers!!
I have lived here for 40 years, the area and beaches are rammed like an August Bank Holiday, the car parks were full by 9am and all the local signs were saying no parking left. This means the beaches are overflowing not socially distancing and all nice and rosy.

It also doesn't make it nice news for those who wish to just lift lockdown and say everyone is following the rules and it's all great. Round here it is not and I for one cannot wait for the weather to turn again for a while

Swinglowandslow

No, the guidance is/was not confused. You just gave it when you said they announced an easing to begin on Monday. What was confusing about that.?
It boils down to people knowing what is expected of them , but saying, " sod it, I want to do it now"
And then doing it.

Reemul

Head Pro
Well, it's going to rain tomorrow, so that will put a dampener on it for a while.
Yep, i think we just need a few more weeks or keeping things tight and we may get a decent summer and semblance of normal, just worry certain areas will be really poorly affected by things like this last week.

It would be a shame to spend 10 weeks doing it to bugger it all up at the last minute because i do not believe financially a second lockdown is viable or could be enforced, this is it so lets get it as good as we can (probably too late for that though)

Bournemouth Town Centre Today

therod

Money List Winner
No, the guidance is/was not confused. You just gave it when you said they announced an easing to begin on Monday. What was confusing about that.?
It boils down to people knowing what is expected of them , but saying, " sod it, I want to do it now"
And then doing it.
You are more than a bit naive if you think that announcing on a thurs, lifting on a mon was ever going to work.
The lockdown & the restrictions have been the wet dream of the pious! This whole thing has. I’m not gonna tell anyone how to live but if I was vulnerable I would manage my risk.
You can’t rely on the ‘public’ to make life choices based on others risk. If it’s that crucial, remove the choice