Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Ok the first paragraph still makes no comment on what preparation is needed to meet family and friends in a garden and I would actually point out that I have actually been very supportive of the rules and in this case am only questioning the timing not the rule itself.

It simply would have made more sense to announce it on Sunday.
I'm surprised it being relaxed anyway. Two thousand new Infections every day and the R number still not getting lower.

larmen

Head Pro
The girlfriend got a massive cough since Wednesday. Got tested on Thursday 1st thing and got the result back negative last night after 40 hours. That probably had us 55 hours in isolation, so much better than 14 days before tests were available.

And I can keep my tee time for tomorrow. Priorities ;-)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Lovely morning yesterday with my daughter and Grandkids in the garden, so tough not to give them all a big hug.
It was so hot I had to improvise a shade sail.
All respecting the new sensible SG guidelines.

Seriously worried for my English friends and family if they reduce the 2m distancing rule.

GB72

Money List Winner
I'm surprised it being relaxed anyway. Two thousand new Infections every day and the R number still not getting lower.
It is a difficult one. Where I am it is very much the right thing to do but in other areas around the country I am not so sure.

Just to add, despite my intentions, I did not break the rules last night, conscious got the better of me and I stayed in the garden with my wife.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Lovely morning yesterday with my daughter and Grandkids in the garden, so tough not to give them all a big hug.
It was so hot I had to improvise a shade sail.
All respecting the new sensible SG guidelines.

Seriously worried for my English friends and family if they reduce the 2m distancing rule.
Has there even been any discussion about reducing the 2M social distancing ? Any report I have seen has been talking about it being around for 6 months at least ?

And just English ?

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
A question was asked by one of the reporters at a recent briefing about the 2m distance rule and why it couldn't be reduced to 1m to help pubs when they reopen. The medical expert replied that by reducing the distance to 1m increased your chance of picking up the virus by 30 times. Cannot verify the accuracy of this as it was my wife who heard it.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
I thought I’d seen something earlier in the year that the W.H.O. had suggested a minimum of 1 metre, but advised 2 metres for safety due to peoples sense of distance.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
I thought I’d seen something earlier in the year that the W.H.O. had suggested a minimum of 1 metre, but advised 2 metres for safety due to peoples sense of distance.
WHO recommend 1 metre

Countries can apply more if they want

Think it's standard that the British public have a poor sense of distance so telling them 2 will mean they are at least 1 metre.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Would like to see this here

I have plenty of cheap masks work have provided available if I need but also somebody made us a couple of one's out of fabric .. double stitched so can pop a bit of toilet paper in the middle and change that every now and again to provide a sort of filter

I'm sure people will knock these up on eBay

Say costs someone £20 for 4 ones like that .. it helps "control" the virus

Even a 1% chance of lowering the risk is enough for me
£20 for 4 masks!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Every 2 weeks the town hall issues us with xx free masks. If you are going out to the extent you need more the govt has fixed the price at no more than €0.99 a mask. The locals have also been making the cloth ones and dropping them off at the town hall. These can be collected whenever you're passing FOC.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
£20 for 4 masks!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Every 2 weeks the town hall issues us with xx free masks. If you are going out to the extent you need more the govt has fixed the price at no more than €0.99 a mask. The locals have also been making the cloth ones and dropping them off at the town hall. These can be collected whenever you're passing FOC.
No I meant the reusable ones.. would be reasonable

Ofc the gov ones u stated above would be just as good

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
No I meant the reusable ones.. would be reasonable

Ofc the gov ones u stated above would be just as good
Its a tough one. In theory, reusable is cheaper but who has access to a hospital disinfector, e.g. a Little Sister? It depends on how fussy someone wants to be I guess.

I watched the wife doing some disinfection work at the bowls club today, You could drive a coach and horses through what she did.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Its a tough one. In theory, reusable is cheaper but who has access to a hospital disinfector, e.g. a Little Sister? It depends on how fussy someone wants to be I guess.

I watched the wife doing some disinfection work at the bowls club today, You could drive a coach and horses through what she did.
Would be good to see more people in masks . I like hearing what others are doing

I can see one of our busier stations platforms ATM it's roughly a 50/50 split of people in masks people not

Roughly social distancing

Ironically the 2 closest together both have masks..

Ofc soon as I type train comes in and group of 4 under 30s come in...no social distancing .. no masks

GB72

Money List Winner
WHO recommend 1 metre

Think it's standard that the British public have a poor sense of distance so telling them 2 will mean they are at least 1 metre.
Plus this is, in my mind, another press thing. The WHO mention 1m and so every question is why it is not 1m in the UK. If we changed to 1m the press would be questioning why we are risking lives by reducing the distance

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
WHO recommend 1 metre

I have a feeling we are one of only 2 countries in Europe going with 2m not 1m. The other is either Italy or Spain.

People love to try to dramatise any decision being made to relax lockdown but nothing is being suggested that has not been done elsewhere across Europe ahead of us, done successfully as well.

It is sad that people want to spread fear or score points in all of this.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Plus this is, in my mind, another press thing. The WHO mention 1m and so every question is why it is not 1m in the UK. If we changed to 1m the press would be questioning why we are risking lives by reducing the distance
The press love the drama regardless

Social distancing "killing" the pubs

*Relax it slightly so they can open*

Government risking our health to save the pubs

pendodave

Tour Rookie
The press love the drama regardless

Social distancing "killing" the pubs

*Relax it slightly so they can open*

Government risking our health to save the pubs
I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as this.
We currently have 8m people furloughed. Plus 1m extra unemployed. 2m distancing will likely condemn many to long term unemployment.
I really don't think there is a good path through this. Only a least bad one for the greatest number of people. For the great majority, that will probably involve less distancing, but that obviously won't be least bad for all.