Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
I'm obviously not an epidemiologist or a virologist, so this is personal opinion, but I don't think we will see a second surge as such. I expect numbers to rise slightly, given that people are starting to move round a bit more a small increase is probably inevitable. But with the way people are now aware of how to avoid it, the lack of international travel, the social distancing measures in place, and the amount of knowledge we now have about how the virus transmits and affects people I think will see it continue to die out, despite what Karen on facebook says...
Not sure abut it dying out and I think it is here for a while especially once winter comes. I guess a great unknown would be if it mutates seasonally like the flu bug. I do think there will be another rise, not as severe as the first time, but enough to fill plenty of hospital beds again. I hope there isn't anything significant if only from the purely selfish reason of loving to be golfing again, and I do agree people have been good with distancing etc but as times goes on, how blase will they become and take it for granted it is all over?

GB72

Money List Winner
Am I right in thinking that now in Scotland you can meet with another household in your garden whilst observing social distancing.

This would be a massive leap forward for me just being able to have a beer with my friends in the village if this is added to what you can do in England.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Am I right in thinking that now in Scotland you can meet with another household in your garden whilst observing social distancing.

This would be a massive leap forward for me just being able to have a beer with my friends in the village if this is added to what you can do in England.
That's what was on the news. From tomorrow I think? Not sure on the last point but 100% meeting in outside space or garden.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Well the rumours that he will announce you can meet more households outside in parks etc

Can meet one household in your garden but only one a day

Can meet family members in your garden etc
Only one at a time tho, the wife has been meeting her mum in garden whilst I stay inside and just clean up when she leaves

Our daughter is 25 on Saturday. After much deliberation we have decided to declare our back garden a private park. It is easily accessible from the public road without going through the house. And so on Sat afternoon daughter and b/friend will set themselves up in our Private Park; we will go out for a long walk; and she will have friends round one or two at a time to sit - socially distanced - in our Private Park. Her friends have each been provided with an 'afternoon tea' time :)

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
We are meeting up with friends (6 of us) on Sunday afternoon for a few drinks in the sunshine. Really looking forward to the more relaxed social interaction rather than the awkward meeting whilst on a walk and constantly moving around as other people walk towards you. We will all be bringing our own food and drink to keep the contact as limited as possible and the garden we are using is plenty big enough.

DanFST

Head Pro
We are meeting up with friends (6 of us) on Sunday afternoon for a few drinks in the sunshine. Really looking forward to the more relaxed social interaction rather than the awkward meeting whilst on a walk and constantly moving around as other people walk towards you. We will all be bringing our own food and drink to keep the contact as limited as possible and the garden we are using is plenty big enough.
YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THAT, NOT UNTIL 00:01 ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Enjoy! I think the food and drink is a good idea, It's what i'll be doing.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
I’ll bite, wouldn’t want people abusing the rules.
You’re not allowed to meet up as group the way you describe until monday.
Why do you think it’s ok for you to do that when the Government have been quite clear with their message.;)

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
I’ll bite, wouldn’t want people abusing the rules.
You’re not allowed to meet up as group the way you describe until monday.
Why do you think it’s ok for you to do that when the Government have been quite clear with their message.;)
I am using my instinct and my instinct says that their garden is massive, the sun is due to shine and bending the rules by 12 hours will not cause any harm. :cool:

larmen

Head Pro
The thing with gardens instead of parks is that at some point someone is going for a toilet in the house. And suddenly you have corona on your bum.

Put a couple of buckets in your private park ;-)

GB72

Money List Winner
I am using my instinct and my instinct says that their garden is massive, the sun is due to shine and bending the rules by 12 hours will not cause any harm. :cool:
I will put my hands up and say that I am doing exactly the same, meeting with a couple of friends in the garden over the weekend. I am not a rule breaker at all and have been pretty strict on lockdown but why on earth would you announce something like this just before a hot weekend and tell people not to meet until Monday, either make it immediate or announce it after the weekend. It is clear that people are going to apply this relaxation from today

Wolf

I will put my hands up and say that I am doing exactly the same, meeting with a couple of friends in the garden over the weekend. I am not a rule breaker at all and have been pretty strict on lockdown but why on earth would you announce something like this just before a hot weekend and tell people not to meet until Monday, either make it immediate or announce it after the weekend. It is clear that people are going to apply this relaxation from today
This absolutely nails it for me. The announcement should have been made Sunday night if they didn't want this to occur until Monday.

It'll be happening all over the country from today and nothing they can say or do now to stop it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Same here, the missus and I pondered over it last night and we've invited another couple to come over to our garden for drinks on Saturday afternoon/evening.
We live in a semi rural area, the fella is who I've been mountain biking with during the lockdown anyway and both our wives have been working from home and have barely gone out.
Common sense says it's ok imo.

larmen

Head Pro
Coming Monday the kids will be mingling in the nurseries and pre schools as well as a couple of early years. I assume that if we as parents then mingling in the same group, observing social distancing between the adults, the kids can roam free between them.

Slab

Money List Winner
Its getting very weary hearing about the social phased returns going on. Day 71 of our lock-down and while I'm allowed in the office today its curfew conditions here again this weekend (hopefully the last weekend like this)

From first active case to virus-free eradication was just 40 days here & it means i'm plenty done with just seeing the inside of my flat