Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Slab

Money List Winner
After 2 months working from home I'm off to the office for a shift today as we start a phased return
Well, much less traffic than usual rush hour but no surprise since businesses are limited for number of permits etc
Pedestrians seemed pretty well masked up, motorcycles not so much, cars reasonable compliance but not 100%
Roadblocks in place, north and south to spot check permits etc
Saw a few breaches of the rules, hopefully it doesn't catch on and set us back

Yesterday was 18th consecutive day with no positive tests and no one requiring treatment, currently no active cases. Gov 'warily' announce that we've won the battle. Borders still closed except for repatriation

Getting ready for work today I realised I forgot how to put socks on while remaining balanced :giggle:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Sat in airport checked in luggage gone.
Bit random, safe distancing being enforced which is good, but there are the occasional space invaders.
There is a pair of Chinese travellers in full hazmat suits, most people in masks and then those with nothing...
surreal!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Sat in airport checked in luggage gone.
Bit random, safe distancing being enforced which is good, but there are the occasional space invaders.
There is a pair of Chinese travellers in full hazmat suits, most people in masks and then those with nothing...
surreal!
Where are you flying to

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
But on the opposite side to that my 5yr old daughter can't wait to go back and doesn't have any struggles. My daughter doesn't understand what's going on really. She doesn't need to. She just has to do as she's told
I was talking to my little Grandson on Skype and asked him if he wanted to go back to school, he said "Its all going to be OK Grandad. When the man on the television gets better we can go to school again"
Out of the mouths of babes.

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Dancing in the streets from Midnight Sunday Brian !Disfrutalo!

In Andalusia, the provinces of Almería, Jaén, Córdoba, Seville, Cádiz and Huelva will be moving to Phase 1. Málaga and Granada will stay in Phase 0.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Dancing in the streets from Midnight Sunday Brian !Disfrutalo!

In Andalusia, the provinces of Almería, Jaén, Córdoba, Seville, Cádiz and Huelva will be moving to Phase 1. Málaga and Granada will stay in Phase 0.
We've been in phase 1 since Monday. Malaga and Granada are still in phase 0, but move to 1 on Monday. Madrid and fair bit of Valencia are still in 0, and there's been rioting the last 3 nights.

All being well, we go into phase 2 in less than 2 weeks. Deaths are holding in the around 190 ave/day. Infected is rising a little, and has been for a few days but only by 10's. Newly recovered are well exceeding newly infected.

chrisd

Major Champion
We've been in phase 1 since Monday. Malaga and Granada are still in phase 0, but move to 1 on Monday. Madrid and fair bit of Valencia are still in 0, and there's been rioting the last 3 nights.

All being well, we go into phase 2 in less than 2 weeks. Deaths are holding in the around 190 ave/day. Infected is rising a little, and has been for a few days but only by 10's. Newly recovered are well exceeding newly infected.
You keep yourself and your family well Brian 👍👍

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro

Have they started to use blood plasma as a method of recovery?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Strange one for me. Privileged problem, I realise. I have next week off so finished up at work today. First time I can ever remember not being happy about having time off. Genuinely think I'd rather just keep working.....

Looks like some walking, some gardening and some cleaning is about all we can do.
Have to be honest and say having the opportunity to work 5 days a week has been a real bonus.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Strange one for me. Privileged problem, I realise. I have next week off so finished up at work today. First time I can ever remember not being happy about having time off. Genuinely think I'd rather just keep working.....

Looks like some walking, some gardening and some cleaning is about all we can do.
Try 7 weeks of it.........:oops::sleep::poop:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Furlough (6 weeks) "ended" today so was expecting to hear one way or another. No news so logged onto work emails to find a general one from the group CEO basically saying if you're furloughed and haven't heard differently then stay furloughed. They hope to be in touch early June latest but then a very stark warning about cost cutting ahead and, between the lines, redundancies.

Let's see what June brings. Not really an issue for me but worry for those who need the job.

JamesR

Tour Winner

I was on furlough, and then Ill, during April and early May.
The best tip I can give for the time off is to sit in the sun for hours and hours.
I haven’t had a tan like this for years ☀️😎

Last edited:

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
You keep yourself and your family well Brian 👍👍
Cheers Chris. We went down to Mojacar Playa on Tuesday(I think) for some essentials we could only get there. We just weren't comfortable. We've already decided to stay away from the tourist areas till at least Sept, and we are going to watch the number over the next few weeks before we go and sit outside a bar in the village.