Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

larmen

Head Pro
This morning we drove past a house with an ambulance up front. 2 paramedics with mouth masks coming out helping an old man who was coughing like crazy. That was 2 miles from here. When you see it it can actually feel a lot more daunting than just reading about it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
I got this face book message, TOM HANKS ,
He got Aids in Phildelphia.
He survived 4 years on an island as a castaway,
He survived WW11 and Saved Private Ryan,
He survived and safely made an emergency plane landing on the Hudson River,
He survived a hijacking by Somali Pirates,
He even survived Apolo 13 and got back from the moon safely.
IF THE CORONA VIRUS FINISHES HIM OFF
WERE ALL FRAGGERED
:ROFLMAO:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Our local GP practice is now just operating on 'emergency only' process.
I would expect a school closure next, to follow Ireland's lead.
Surprisingly been told that Scotland cannot do it without the nod from Westminster.:(. Thought education was devolved.:unsure:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Surprisingly been told that Scotland cannot do it without the nod from Westminster.:(. Thought education was devolved.:unsure:
Who's going to watch the grand kids or great grand kids when / if the schools close, probably us OAPs that are in the danger age group :eek:

Thread starter #486

drdel

Tour Rookie
Education is: UK health policy isn't - Sturgeon has agreed with the strategy. It will last a while - how long before boredom hits and people ignore recommendations. Ignoring advice will cause a peak beyond NHS capacity resulting in increased mortality.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Did Arlene Foster not just say NI schools closing for 16 weeks

IainP

Tour Rookie
I'd been planning becoming a member of a golf club again after the winter off. Originally was thinking February but with the weather delayed it. Was thinking later this month. Obviously difficult to predict anything at the moment, but with several golf courses (resorts?) closing in Spain does make you think if this is a good time to dive back in. Not important in the grand scheme of things obviously.

Backache

Assistant Pro
I can imagine no golf will be allowed. Or gym so for me that's all my activities outside of work

Other than that I'll be working

Keep the Mrs off work unpaid for child care

Smash the overtime for those who can't get in
Golf must be one of the safest things to do, If you avoid getting too close to others and the clubhouse afterwards.

IainP

Tour Rookie
Golf must be one of the safest things to do, If you avoid getting too close to others and the clubhouse afterwards.
Sure most will agree, but there may be more to it.
What if one of the greenkeeping team tests positive, or the team who run the shop or whatever.

Also, common sense doesn't always win through with situations like this.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
That's not the point tho. If we are in lock down as a country they won't let us go and it's the attuide of us ignoring it that will stop the lock down working

Papas1982

Tour Winner
That's not the point tho. If we are in lock down as a country they won't let us go and it's the attuide of us ignoring it that will stop the lock down working
ATM lockdown isn’t the route the country is going though.

they seem pretty set on letting the required 60% of us get it.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Fresh air is good for you, out on the Mountain bike today, wet, very muddy but not a soul to be seen, a fantastic way to spend 3 hours, tomorrow playing golf with two others, meet in carpark, play golf, straight home with no clubhouse drinks, one member at the club has already got it and self isolating, as I'm at high risk with on going health problems I won't be risking going in.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
ATM lockdown isn’t the route the country is going though.

they seem pretty set on letting the required 60% of us get it.
That's not my point tho. My question was entirely about lock down. Would we be able to work or not

So basically it's work then home no golf

Then people have completely gone off saying golfs fine

In a lock down no it isn't.