Christmas - Who is cooking what?

Thread starter #23
I’m cooking for me, the wife, three kids, my two in-laws and the wife’s uncle. My in-laws have provided the meat.

Doing a turkey crown and also a beef sirloin joint. Mother in law doesn’t like turkey so the beef is mainly for her. Trouble is, she likes it well done and so my father in law has had a quiet word to my wife to make sure I cook it as such.

It’s a beautiful cut of meat and I am tasked with cremating it. I feel like I’m about to commit a crime! I certainly won’t be eating any of it!
I’d have bought a separate sirloin steak for her to have well done, allowing the joint to be done medium rare.

DaveR

Head Pro
When I become King the first thing I'm going to do is ban parsnips.

You have been warned..............

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Beef Wellington...

Long walk done and Barley lost his new ball in one of the many new ponds. After dunking his head for ages I took off my socks and wellies and went in to help. Oh my word it was so cold it was painful...didn't find the ball either!!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Beef Wellington...

Long walk done and Barley lost his new ball in one of the many new ponds. After dunking his head for ages I took off my socks and wellies and went in to help. Oh my word it was so cold it was painful...didn't find the ball either!!
😂 that’s devotion....Ted finds a couple of balls most times we go out, and on average loses them before we get home!

Turkey’s done, taters are going to be perfect in 45 minutes, family turning up in 15 mins, it’s all going swimmingly.

Merry Christmas everyone. 👍

jobr1850

Challenge Tour Pro
Mrs does Breakfast
Kippers - black pepper, fresh lemon juice
scrambled eggs
thick uncut loaf toast

Dinner by me;
M&S Turkey crown cooked with some beer, lashings of butter and bacon on top - keeps it super moist
Roast potatoes
Parsnips with honey
Red Cabbage
Cauliflower cheese
Peas
carrots with clementines
sprouts, boiled first. Then finished in the wok with Worcester sauce, butter and the chopped up bacon off the turkey
stuffing
pigs in blankets

Can't wait :)

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
Long walk along the beach. Just got back. Change of plan. Now Chinese nibbles in front of Strictly and then spicy sausage and bean stew with champ.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Waitrose crown turkey
parsnips and carrots coated in Royal Ascot GC honey from our bee colony
lovely crisp garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes
crispy stuffing
brussels

Washed down with a nice Prosecco

Followed up with waitrose Christmas pudding and cream.

JamesR

Tour Winner
We had a lovely rib of beef from the Chatsworth Estate with a bottle of Valbuena 2006 from the Ribera del Duero

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
I made individual beef Wellingtons. Absolutely outstanding and the only way to deal with 6 people that like beef cooked to 4 different levels. Now just the chrisrmas pud I made in August to go.