Careers Service Website

Traminator

Just tried the new career's advisory website. Answer a few questions and find your perfect career. (Full disclosure - been a computer programmer for 30 years). Completed the questionnaire.

First two results - computer programmer (fair play - good guess) ... and stuntman!!!
🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣
Sometimes I read stuff and just properly laugh πŸ˜‚

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Yeah we all did that the other day, it was a good laugh. Basically answer a bunch of questions, and then it tells every job that exists on earth. I always got stunt performer as one of mine. I've already drafted the resignation letter. A friend of my wife's who basically never gets off her arse got 'health trainer' as one of hers. Our other friend is going to be an actor!

Leftie

Tour Winner
You get what you pay for! Oh! It's free? QED.

For a couple of years in the 1990's I was working with unemployed people, a few of whom actually wanted to get a proper job:unsure: We had far superior software to this one (I might still have the floppy discs somewhere) with checks and balances in the questions to sort out "loaded" answers. The problem is that people tend to answer in a way that reflects how they have worked in the past and/or what they (sub)consciously believe their skill/attributes to be in relation to the job they would really like to do in the future (if that makes sense).

I tried answering the questions as honestly as I could but there was an obvious bias towards what I had enjoyed or been good at doing in the past. Guess what. Best matches were several of my previous jobs. There was one area that gave me food for thought though. Because I answered that I liked helping people, suggested jobs were Personal Trainer, Hotel Porter and the ubiquitous Stuntman:ROFLMAO: I think that they omitted the "how old/fit are you" question.

Just tried the new career's advisory website. Answer a few questions and find your perfect career. (Full disclosure - been a computer programmer for 30 years). Completed the questionnaire.

First two results - computer programmer (fair play - good guess) ... and stuntman!!!
EU Official, or MP were recommended for me. Took it as a bit of an insult. I don't have any current plans to retrain so I suppose it's useful to know there is viable backup available if I can't find anything more honourable.

Though following a few golf lessons I have recently parred a few holes and hit some drives over 200 yards, so I am thinking about turning pro and going on tour. There were no questions of the form "how far do you hit a 5 iron".

Last edited:

Foxholer

Major Champion

From my 35+ years programming experience, there've been quite a few occasions when it's been hard to tell the difference! :ROFLMAO:

Kaz

All my suggestions were in IT, not even a left-field escape option.

I've been working on IT for almost 30 years. How disappointing! :LOL:

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Professional Sportsman or Coach or, at a push, Leisure Centre Manager...
Could be a vacancy at Old Trafford soon........The World's my Oyster :ROFLMAO: