Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

pauldj42

Money List Winner
The government doesn't have a majority, it needs the DUP to hold power. Now maybe if it was an English based party they would have followed party lines but the DUP being Irish meant they never would with the deal being offered.

It's a shame that all parties didn't get together and unite under we are leaving and work to get the best deal for the country, because they sure as hell havent got anything decent for themselves yet
The Government does because it includes the DUP deal and the reason I didn’t say the tory party.
Other Parties were never invited to talks, TM stated that just after the last GE, it was only after the deal was voted down she started cross party talks.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
There has been countless mentions of it

May says “you risk there being no brexit at all” that’s revoking article 50

The press give you the option break downs of what could happen and one is no brexit - that is revoking article 50

It’s there hiding in plain sight .. just have to look and it appears . Once seen it can’t be unseen

It’s lurking , waiting to be actioned
Only before 29th March and only if the EU say no to the extension, so currently I would suggest the Government isn’t looking at it.

BREAKING: Amy Jackson, Jeremy Corbyn’s political secretary, has texted the 4 Labour shadow ministers who did not abstain on the second referendum amendment asking them to resign from the frontbench. They are Justin Madders, Stephanie Peacock, Emma Lewell-Buck and Yvonne Fovargue.

All this amendment got too much for my simple mind so I chucked it all and went go-karting with the team. What did I miss? Someone said May will bring her deal back on the table to be third time lucky. ..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
All this amendment got too much for my simple mind so I chucked it all and went go-karting with the team. What did I miss? Someone said May will bring her deal back on the table to be third time lucky. ..
That's about right. The really important amendment which would have given more powers to MPs to actually help decide what could go through, the Benn amendment, lost by 2 votes. That was a real shame, it could have been a game changer and unlocked some doors.

As it is, TM will return again with the same plan that has been stuffed twice in the hope that more MPs will panic and crack 🙄😥. She can then ask the EU for more time, the fun there is to see who voted against the govt motion (spoiler some of her cabinet and most of her party), but the power is then with the EU on whether they do, for how long and how will it work?

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
[QUOTE="Lord Tyrion, post: 1971828, member: 19815"]That's about right. The really important amendment which would have given more powers to MPs to actually help decide what could go through, the Benn amendment, lost by 2 votes. That was a real shame, it could have been a game changer and unlocked some doors.

As it is, TM will return again with the same plan that has been stuffed twice in the hope that more MPs will panic and crack 🙄😥. She can then ask the EU for more time, the fun there is to see who voted against the govt motion (spoiler some of her cabinet and most of her party), but the power is then with the EU on whether they do, for how long and how will it work?[/QUOTE]

However they have been 'promised' (for whatever that is worth nowadays in parliament) by the deputy PM , if TMays deal gets voted down yet again, the opportunity to effectively have some indicative votes soon. Which is all that would have happened if that amendment had got through anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
[QUOTE="Lord Tyrion, post: 1971828, member: 19815"]That's about right. The really important amendment which would have given more powers to MPs to actually help decide what could go through, the Benn amendment, lost by 2 votes. That was a real shame, it could have been a game changer and unlocked some doors.

As it is, TM will return again with the same plan that has been stuffed twice in the hope that more MPs will panic and crack 🙄😥. She can then ask the EU for more time, the fun there is to see who voted against the govt motion (spoiler some of her cabinet and most of her party), but the power is then with the EU on whether they do, for how long and how will it work?
However they have been 'promised' (for whatever that is worth nowadays in parliament) by the deputy PM , if TMays deal gets voted down yet again, the opportunity to effectively have some indicative votes soon. Which is all that would have happened if that amendment had got through anyway.[/QUOTE]
That is true but Benn clearly did not believe the promises he was given regarding this offer as he refused to withdraw the amendment. It may be that the govt does what it has done over the last month or so, offer to listen then completely ignore what people tell them and carry on with TM plan anyway, MV4 anyone? The Benn amendment would have forced them to listen to other options. I think it was hugely disappointing that it did not get through as we may actually have seen what MP's actually want and it would show the EU what could get through.

Word from the EU is that they will support a long extension if the UK wish to review and revisit their Brexit strategy...
Lets see what the leaders have to say next week, the Dutch PM is completely hacked off with it all.

So its all about the money or the hope that Leavers all keel over and die. If we keep on like this, it wont be just Leavers.

bobmac

Major Champion
BREAKING: Amy Jackson, Jeremy Corbyn’s political secretary, has texted the 4 Labour shadow ministers who did not abstain on the second referendum amendment asking them to resign from the frontbench. They are Justin Madders, Stephanie Peacock, Emma Lewell-Buck and Yvonne Fovargue.
I wonder why he didn't get his deputy Tom Watson to ask them to resign........:whistle:

If they had claimed to have migraines, they probably could have kept their jobs ;)