Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

Not true. I think it is an insane act of self harm that we are leaving the EU - but if we are to leave then I hope we leave with at least a transition period - and if possible access to the SM and CU - a transition period that enables business to adapt to their new trading environment and circumstances. I pray that it all goes as well as it can - which might not be that great - but I hope that at least a modicum of the faith shown by many lead Leavers is borne out, I just fear it might be that good and that there are going to be a lot of poorer and disappointed voters out there looking for someone or some group to blame.
I assume by this post you recommend Mays Deal ?

Can’t be bothered to read through all your posts ... the comments stand you opened with an insult, a behaviour associated (and strongly evidenced )with the other 2 comments.
Perhaps the counter would be for you to highlight all of SiLH posts that are hypocritical? I wouldn’t bother myself, though, as it would be pretty pedantic and if we were being fair, I think we could select a lot of posts from across the spectrum.
The way you wanted to vote, is of no consequence in the end, it’s about the opening a post with an insult and without provocation.
Now I know I have given some insults out, but I don’t really feel any guilt or discomfort over it. I went in initially being level, but the responses I received suggested we had a little game a foot, so I joined it.
What exactly is it in my post that you consider to be an insult? I've read it back a couple of times and still can't see anything that I wrote that could be considered an insult.

No. His decision was that MP's should vote on an amendment stating that the Government must present Plan B within 3 days, rather than 21. He allowed the House to control the process, not just the Government.
Whether you think he was right (he was) or wrong (he wasn't 😉), it would appear strange to complain that we have too much goddamn Democracy.
Following that logic he should allow every proposed amendment to go through as it'would allow the house to take control.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
It's not been called yet as Corbyn knows he won't win one at the moment. His best chance is after May's deal is rejected. He may wait till the 3 days are up and May has to come back with a Plan B. If Plan B is also a dog's dinner, that's when he should pull the trigger.
Why call it at all? What would happen if he lets May soldier on ... will she keep on pretending to try and get a new deal? Would we actually see a staunch leave candidate take her place ?
Corbyn can sit and wait and watch ... if we go out we will have a period of turmoil. That person will and their party will be remembered for that, and every election the electrorate will be reminded.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
It's not been called yet as Corbyn knows he won't win one at the moment. His best chance is after May's deal is rejected. He may wait till the 3 days are up and May has to come back with a Plan B. If Plan B is also a dog's dinner, that's when he should pull the trigger.
Sorry, crossed wires I think. I was referring to a motion of No Confidence in the Speaker for his actions last week 👍

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Sorry, crossed wires I think. I was referring to a motion of No Confidence in the Speaker for his actions last week 👍
I thought Bercow's decision to allow the amendment when the Tories were obviously filibustering was spot on, even if the clerks advised him otherwise. However, having allowed that one he should have allowed the others. Irrespective of it being a noble decision it smacks of favouring one side of the argument, even if that wasn't his intention.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Why? Youve got nothing so I will just accept you were talking rubbish.
No, there is evidence... your the one who has consistently posted drivel/rubbish and your completely wedded to an ideal that has no strategy or clue. Your decision was based on a perception that the EU was the bogey man and you were doing something heroic... but the real problems are home grown, and you have not realised this.