Brexit - or Article 50: the Phoenix!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
I'm happy to quit allowing my taxes to be given to the EU to subsidise moving UK workers jobs to Eastern Europe Hoags! Weird how our Unions are happy with it though...maybe that's why the working classes are predominately Leavers?

You've done this one before and it's just as insulting now, even by adding your smiley.

View attachment 26323
A little curious that many Leave voters (not necessarily on this forum) seem more than happy to continue to describe as 'Remoaners' those who voted to stay, but are not happy at being referred to as 'Quitters' - even though the UK is indeed quitting the EU. But there you go.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
I'm happy to quit allowing my taxes to be given to the EU to subsidise moving UK workers jobs to Eastern Europe Hoags! Weird how our Unions are happy with it though...maybe that's why the working classes are predominately Leavers?
I suspect that nowadays the majority of union members are in the public sector and not necessarily concerned about their jobs being spirited away overseas...

Last edited:

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
A little curious that many Leave voters (not necessarily on this forum) seem more than happy to continue to describe as 'Remoaners' those who voted to stay, but are not happy at being referred to as 'Quitters' - even though the UK is indeed quitting the EU. But there you go.
Maybe its because Leavers have been insulted right from the very declaration of the result. "Thick, old, northern..."

You often talk of division but seem very happy to continue to be divisive. I'm inclined to think that although you often say you'd like to see the end of that division you actually believe in the things you rail against. Your backhanded comments like "many Leavers(not necessarily on here)" aren't even subtle.

Can I suggest Matthew 5:38-40. Think about what merit there is in repeating that divisiveness. How does it move the debate forward? It doesn't.

Thread starter #3,885

drdel

Tour Rookie
My Father used to drum into me that when an argument descended to insults (or swearing) is was clear that the intellectual contribution was going to be zilch.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
How many remainers does it take to change a lightbulb.​
None, they don't do change. :whistle:
I know this is a little off topic but funny:

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" .. another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
You often talk of division but seem very happy to continue to be divisive. I'm inclined to think that although you often say you'd like to see the end of that division you actually believe in the things you rail against. Your backhanded comments like "many Leavers(not necessarily on here)" aren't even subtle.
The problems with SiLH's posts is that they are contradictory. He repeatedly talks of healing the divisions in the country and how those that voted Leave need to compromise. But he also posts that he wants Brexit stopped. His solution to healing the divisions in the country appears to be to ignore the wishes of 52% of those that voted. Despite his protestations he doesn't want compromise or to heal the divisions, he wants to get his own way and remain in the EU and screw those that voted to leave.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
I'm a little curious who you voted for in the last GE as 80% of those that voted, voted for parties that were supposedly committed to Brexit.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner

bluewolf

Money List Winner
My last word on the Bercow incident.

IMO, what he did was set a much needed precedent. He allowed MP's to vote on a decision rather than let the Executive force it through.

However, one aspect of the whole thing has been making me chuckle.

People are losing their minds over the fact that he ignored advice. That advice would have come from an unelected bureaucrat. The very same type of bureaucrat that the very same people appear to passionately distrust in the EU. 🤷‍♂️

Hacker Khan

Money List Winner
My last word on the Bercow incident.

IMO, what he did was set a much needed precedent. He allowed MP's to vote on a decision rather than let the Executive force it through.

However, one aspect of the whole thing has been making me chuckle.

People are losing their minds over the fact that he ignored advice. That advice would have come from an unelected bureaucrat. The very same type of bureaucrat that the very same people appear to passionately distrust in the EU. 🤷‍♂️
So he was giving control back to the UK parliament?

Traitor.......