Boris the PM - a new beginning

Thread starter #1,661

Mudball

Assistant Pro
That’s very simplistic Bri if it’s a tin of beans or a car part you need.

I’d suggest it’s a bit more worrying when it’s medication and people’s health.

You’ll probably know better than me that certain medications are restricted by prescription and pharmacies/Doctors etc will not issue duplicates to allow people to hoard etc.

We all hope any delays (preferably none at all) will be minor, people won’t be affected and they’ll laugh at themselves for over reacting, but can you really blame them for not being a bit anxious when it’s their health involved.

There are genuine concerns being reported in the media, which we all want to be wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-52959639
Brace yourself for being called a Leftie... BBC to be called a Brexit hater and institutionally doing everthing to safeguard its own interest.

i think it is about time we privatise the BBC. Sell it to the Murdochs perhaps. If the NHS can be on the negotiating table, i dont know why the BBC should not be.. Anyone disagrees with this?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Brace yourself for being called a Leftie... BBC to be called a Brexit hater and institutionally doing everthing to safeguard its own interest.

i think it is about time we privatise the BBC. Sell it to the Murdochs perhaps. If the NHS can be on the negotiating table, i dont know why the BBC should not be.. Anyone disagrees with this?
better still sell the Beeb to some Russian Billionair with links to Putin:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
That’s very simplistic Bri if it’s a tin of beans or a car part you need.

I’d suggest it’s a bit more worrying when it’s medication and people’s health.

You’ll probably know better than me that certain medications are restricted by prescription and pharmacies/Doctors etc will not issue duplicates to allow people to hoard etc.

We all hope any delays (preferably none at all) will be minor, people won’t be affected and they’ll laugh at themselves for over reacting, but can you really blame them for not being a bit anxious when it’s their health involved.

There are genuine concerns being reported in the media, which we all want to be wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-52959639
It was made deliberately simplistic for the hard of hearing...;) That, and I couldn’t be ar5ed typing out more.

The UK already imports just in time stuff from around the world. Hell, I was importing from around the world, e.g. spares for anaesthetic machines made under licence in China. Guess what? No problems with deliveries.

People are looking for problems because they want those problems. Deep down the told you so’s are salivating at the prospect.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Now over 800 potential sitting Lords. Even the leader of the Lords, Norman Fowler stated it was wrong. They should be reducing numbers, not increasing them.

The Lords has been abused by parties for a very long time. Still disappointing though.

Thread starter #1,669

Mudball

Assistant Pro
I know this kind of thing goes on all the time. But Kate Hoey? Boris's brother. Beefy? A Russian donor? Tmay's husband? Really, is that the best a brave new independent nation can do? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53606083
I think they missed out on the No 10 cat... she has been doing political service, has a twitter account and has been loyal to her master... surely it’s time for Lord of the Rats...

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
But never a moan from the Liberal/lefties when Blair was putting in his list. Suck it up, it happens both ways depending who is in power.
So as both parties do it then we should accept cronyism and mediocrity in the HOL?

And you may have missed the bit where I said that it had been going on for ages. But next time Labour are in power and then do this I'd be more than happy to post much when they put Diane Abbot's husband and Mike Gatting into the HOL.

Foxholer

Major Champion
Report says reduce to 600 [400 to many for my liking] Johnson ups it to 800 with 36 of his pals and donors.
Quite a few of those appointed are not 'his pals and donors'. Though Botham was an advocate for Brexit, he sits on cross-benches. May's husband almost certainly isn't a BoJo fan. And plenty of others, like Philip Hammond and Ken Clarke are hardly likely to be fans either - even if dyed-in-the-wool Tories. Jo Johnson - Bojo's brother's likely unimpressed too, given his Remain attitude and resignation - but a likely consistent Tory vote where needed.
Beam me up Scotty.
I'd second that!

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
So as both parties do it then we should accept cronyism and mediocrity in the HOL?

And you may have missed the bit where I said that it had been going on for ages. But next time Labour are in power and then do this I'd be more than happy to post much when they put Diane Abbot's husband and Mike Gatting into the HOL.
Am I disagreeing with you? We have little choice but to accept it until we’re lucky enough to get a party with the spheroids to do something about it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Botham has done sterling work via his charitable efforts, speaks well about them if you hear him speaking on the subject. . He has also been involved at Durham CC in recent times helping them out of their financial troubles. I'm hoping that he has been elevated to use his experience there rather than other areas. I believe he is sitting as a cross benchers/ independent so the signs are good.

I'd abolish the Lords, at the minimum I'd halve the number in it. I'd certainly remove the title element as there are significant numbers with titles of respect that deserve no respect at all. I deeply resent the inept people that are called Lord or Baroness, it pains me.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Botham has done sterling work via his charitable efforts, speaks well about them if you hear him speaking on the subject. . He has also been involved at Durham CC in recent times helping them out of their financial troubles. I'm hoping that he has been elevated to use his experience there rather than other areas. I believe he is sitting as a cross benchers/ independent so the signs are good.

I'd abolish the Lords, at the minimum I'd halve the number in it. I'd certainly remove the title element as there are significant numbers with titles of respect that deserve no respect at all. I deeply resent the inept people that are called Lord or Baroness, it pains me.
Does Botham still think that England is an island. :love:
Just the sort of block we need to make laws for the UK.(n)