Boris the PM - a new beginning

Old Skier

Tour Winner
As I can watch and listen to the First Minister lead Scottish Coronavirus briefings - I can watch and listen to Trump as he leads briefings and cabinet meetings - and simply on the basis of these briefings and meetings it is very apparent that he is an vile imbecile. I have no idea what his GoP government is like and, as for the SNP, I cannot and do not comment on whether they are competent or not.
No opinion then, you usually have an opinion on many things but the SNP is off limits, I wonder why.

Wolf

As I can watch and listen to the First Minister lead Scottish Coronavirus briefings - I can watch and listen to Trump as he leads briefings and cabinet meetings - and simply on the basis of these briefings and meetings it is very apparent that he is an vile imbecile. I have no idea what his GoP government is like and, as for the SNP, I cannot and do not comment on whether they are competent or not.
So you can see Trump is vile from his briefings on tv, but cannot possibly comment on Sturgeon and SNP through the same media because you don't live there..

You literally are a walking contradiction, it seems more apparent if you dislike someone or don't have the same political leanings you will pass negative opinion regardless before anything has been said.

I despair of Trump as much as anyone on here.

However, your explanation does nothing more than confirm your double standards.

You are no more qualified to comment on Trump's deficiencies than you are on Sturgeon but what is good for the goose is equally good for the gender.

Or are you simply afraid of upsetting DfT.

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner

You are no more qualified to comment on Trump's deficiencies than you are on Sturgeon but what is good for the goose is equally good for the gender.

TBF though thats no different to plenty of others on here, so cut the guys some slack;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

:love: Careful, or I shall send Big Wullie and the boys over to give you a good dooing.:ROFLMAO:

Another SILH pile on by folk who don't like people having a different view of politics/life than themselves. same old same old.
When it comes to double standards there are a few on here miles ahead of Hogan.
The Laura Kunesberg /BBC crew for a start. She is splendid when she has a go at the Scottish Government but how very dare she speak out against the darling boy Boris.

:love: Careful, or I shall send Big Wullie and the boys over to give you a good dooing.:ROFLMAO:

Another SILH pile on by folk who don't like people having a different view of politics/life than themselves. same old same old.
The Laura Kunesberg /BBC crew for a start. She is splendid when she has a go at the Scottish Government but how very dare she speak out against the darling boy Boris.
Be fair, you're not too shabby at the double standards yourself.

Quick to rightly criticise Johnson for Westminster's shortcomings in dealing with this crisis but seemingly happy to overlook Sturgeon's similar failings resulting in a care home crisis in Scotland.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro

The Laura Kunesberg /BBC crew for a start
. She is splendid when she has a go at the Scottish Government but how very dare she speak out against the darling boy Boris.
I didn't know she was a forum member. What's her username? :D

drdel

Tour Rookie

Quick to rightly criticise Johnson for Westminster's shortcomings in dealing with this crisis but seemingly happy to overlook Sturgeon's similar failings resulting in a care home crisis in Scotland.
You need to realise everyone can get behind a common threat/foe.The hate of anything English means NS can ride forward uncriticised against the dastardly Westminster.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

I cannot believe you posted that last line, how terribly insensitive of you.(n)

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
You need to realise everyone can get behind a common threat/foe.The hate of anything English means NS can ride forward uncriticised against the dastardly Westminster.
Very annoying and childish comment to read and I suspect just trolling but I'll bite.
By your reckoning 45-50% of the voting electorate up here hate anything English if they agree with Sturgeon on politics, plainly ridiculous. Same as saying the 52% of UK electorate who voted to leave the EU hate anything European, very silly thing to say, clearly untrue and something I'm sure you would refute strongly.

Sturgeon for her faults at least regulalry does UK based tv interviews like earlier today on GMB and is open enough with her political agenda. Where is Johnson? Invisible. Daily coronavirus briefings to date - Sturgeon 56, Johnson 4.

Political and personal views are very very different things. Look at Pierce and Maguire - a great double act but couldn't agree on anything political, poles apart, still great friends though.