Boris the PM - a new beginning

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Well played BoJo - he may act like an idiot but he has played the whole situation perfectly

Campaign for Brexit - run away when it goes his way , hide in the cabinet , quit and snipe from the back bench - when the poo hits the fan out he comes with the trumpet to save the UK

Thankfully he isn’t a racist idiot like Trump but he is a complete clown - a clown who is going to represent us - god help the UK , suspect he is already bending over for Trump right now

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
It really looks like Benny Hill has just entered No10. :cry:

Johnson will go soon, probably resign. He has no interest in running the UK [or what is left of it]
He will then make a fortune on the US speakers circuit as an ex UK prime minister
What he has planned all along.

Well played BoJo - he may act like an idiot but he has played the whole situation perfectly

Campaign for Brexit - run away when it goes his way , hide in the cabinet , quit and snipe from the back bench - when the poo hits the fan out he comes with the trumpet to save the UK

Thankfully he isn’t a racist idiot like Trump but he is a complete clown - a clown who is going to represent us - god help the UK , suspect he is already bending over for Trump right now
OK he'll have (hopefully) decent advisers and doers around him as risk mitigation - but he will be one-on-one with some tough cookies in the EU wj will put him under serious pressure.

And we can look at what that will be like by the way he responded to tough and direct questioning by Andrew Neil a couple of weekends back. He just couldn't take that he wasn't getting his own way in how he wished to answer Neil's questions - and he did not like it. You could see he was getting riled and angry - and started rather angry ya-boo-sucks finger pointing when Neil did a misspeak referring to Article 5c when he meant Paragraph 5c. You could tell Neil thought the finger pointing rather pathetic as he looked away from Johnson and ignored it.

Now did anyone spot BJ mixing Dublin and Belfast up when being interviewed by the Political Editor of The Sun - Tom Newton Dunn. No? Well he did. And he actually paused and thought about the city in Ireland he wanted to refer to before opening his mouth. He still got it wrong. Even when under little pressure such as then, he still gets things wrong - and these things can actually matter - as Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe knows to her cost.

Wolf

And can u have hope for future with BJ history .. ?
Of course I can because that's the hand we're dealt, personally rather look forward than backwards. Don't see the point in bitching and complaining this is the party that was voted in to run the country and he is now it's premier. So rather than complain about it I'll try and take the positives a d move on.

Last edited:
I couldn't care if Kermit the Frog was in No.10 so long as we leave the EU on 31st October with or without a deal. And there is more chance of it happening with Boris as PM than anyone else. So good for him.
Why is it so important to leave on the 31st ? I find this whole leave at all cost and sod the damage attitude pretty pathetic to be honest.
He has to do what's right for the country. I'm interested to see how that pans out now he has got the top job.
I'm thinking of putting a double on that him and ole gunner will be out of their respective jobs within a year

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Why is it so important to leave on the 31st ? I find this whole leave at all cost and sod the damage attitude pretty pathetic to be honest.
He has to do what's right for the country. I'm interested to see how that pans out now he has got the top job.
I'm thinking of putting a double on that him and ole gunner will be out of their respective jobs within a year
Possibly because untill we leave it's impossible to move forward. Just a thought.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner

He’s not exactly my cup of tea, but here’s a thought. Unlike Trump, who’s a grade 1 jerk with virtually no political background, BoJo has played a blinder over a number of years in a number of areas. Maybe he isn’t a clown.

Maybe I’m hoping for a miracle. One things for sure, unless he’s got a rabbit up his sleeve, he’s dealing with the same Parliament that May didn’t have a majority in. I suspect it won’t end well.

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
Interested in the more in depth news pieces they ran on him, gifted and ambitious but lazy with it it seems.
Will give him a chance, things will get interesting come the autumn though. Has a lot of enemies in his own party and likely a majority of 1 soon.
This stalemate fug we've been in for years is not going to suddenly disappear because Boris says he's an optimist.

Bit surprised and interested at Farage's view on sky news, he remains convinced BJ can't achieve much without first calling a General Election.

Kellfire

Tour Winner
I couldn't care if Kermit the Frog was in No.10 so long as we leave the EU on 31st October with or without a deal. And there is more chance of it happening with Boris as PM than anyone else. So good for him.
You don’t care about any political decisions as long as we leave Brexit. You truly are lost.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner

Thank you for keeping us Informed and enlightened your Saintimoniousness. Nice to see a bit of even handed comment in these days of sensationalism and exaggeration.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Thank you for keeping us Informed and enlightened your Saintimoniousness. Nice to see a bit of even handed comment in these days of sensationalism and exaggeration.
😂😂😂 do you even play golf ?

I don’t ever see you comment on any golf related threads ? You just spout stuff on then political nonsense- are you a golfer ?

drdel

Tour Rookie
It really looks like Benny Hill has just entered No10. :cry:

Johnson will go soon, probably resign. He has no interest in running the UK [or what is left of it]
He will then make a fortune on the US speakers circuit as an ex UK prime minister
What he has planned all along.
I would assume that you have direct knowledge of working with BJ that enabled you to make these statements and personal digs.

I have undertaken a few projects that involved BJ and would disagree with your assessment. You might reflect on the good reports from numerousFMs of other nations.

Let's hope we have a few ratonal people around.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
😂😂😂 do you even play golf ?

I don’t ever see you comment on any golf related threads ? You just spout stuff on then political nonsense- are you a golfer ?
What a cop out 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have posted many hundreds even thousands of times in the golf threads but find many of them talking about the same old thing, bit like you on here.

I play golf at a good level, I am a member of two very good golf clubs. If you would like a lesson then please pop over, if you want to know anything about the golf swing I am sure I can put you right.
Heres one I posted recently:
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/ball-flight-laws-who-knows.101688/#post-2005765

Last edited:

Foxholer

Major Champion
At least one 'good' thing has come out of his election... the legitiimisation of certain nouns!

According to John Pienaar's mini-bio of him, he described Ken Livingstone's 'critique' of the Public School system (eons before opposing him for Mayor of Londod) as “twaddle, utter bunkum, balderdash, tommyrot, piffle and fiddlesticks”! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/2gvE3Pa8Gv/Boris_Johnson_battles