Best GPS Watch for £150

Thread starter #1

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Looking for recommendations based on use please.

It’s a present for my dad, so needs to be simple to operate, have a good battery life but do more than front, middle, back

Thanks in advance!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Golf Buddy WTX is pretty packed with good stuff at a decent price, Garmin S20 isn’t bad but no hole overview like the WTX. I’d do a google search and see the reviews rather than risk spurious answers on here.

User101

Blackballed
How is a gps relevant to someone’s HC ?
When I went for a gps watch at AG they suggested I get a laser instead, I poo poo'd it, what do I need one of these for I said. Bought a gps watch and off I went, about 4 weeks later I bought a laser, my watch is hardly ever used.

So relevance you ask, if the fellas Dad is a plodder at 16+ I'd say get any gps, they'll all do the job, if he's decent and can accurately hit his irons, get a laser, happy now petal ?

Thread starter #14

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Sigh all you want, sorry to try and help, don't fret though, it'll eb the last time I'll try and help you. :thup:
I asked a simple question and hoped for a simple answer - too much for you apparently

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
When I went for a gps watch at AG they suggested I get a laser instead, I poo poo'd it, what do I need one of these for I said. Bought a gps watch and off I went, about 4 weeks later I bought a laser, my watch is hardly ever used.

So relevance you ask, if the fellas Dad is a plodder at 16+ I'd say get any gps, they'll all do the job, if he's decent and can accurately hit his irons, get a laser, happy now petal ?
Handicap is irrelevant to what GPS unit someone uses - I have both , I know Scratch players who have a gps , know high HC with a laser.

The question the OP asked was simple - a decent GPS watch under £150 - that’s all.

User101

Blackballed
Handicap is irrelevant to what GPS unit someone uses - I have both , I know Scratch players who have a gps , know high HC with a laser.

The question the OP asked was simple - a decent GPS watch under £150 - that’s all.
Ooooohhhh, get you :ears:

Since when were you the forum police who decided who can post and what they can post, I was, believe it or not, trying to be helpful but you, as usual had to shove your oar in.

Last edited:

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Ooooohhhh, get you :ears:

Since when were you the forum police who decided who can post and what they can post, I was, believe it or not, trying to be helpful but you, as usual had to shove your oar in.

Leave him be Cabby, it'll only end with you getting an infraction/ban.