Anyone Own A Fiat Panda?

Thread starter #1

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Hi all

Looking to get a small, economical second car (second hand) and with a sub £5k budget there a a few Fiat Pandas close to me that have very few miles and only a couple of years old. Anyone got any real world experiences of this car - it will do sub 10k miles per year and lots of short journeys so we're looking at a petrol version. Any constructive comments welcomed!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
For me, small petrol means Japanese. To that end, how about a Suzuki Swift, or Mazda 2? TheToyota Yaris are always a reliable and cheap to run car as well.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Hi all

Looking to get a small, economical second car (second hand) and with a sub £5k budget there a a few Fiat Pandas close to me that have very few miles and only a couple of years old. Anyone got any real world experiences of this car - it will do sub 10k miles per year and lots of short journeys so we're looking at a petrol version. Any constructive comments welcomed!
You do know that FIAT stands for Fix It Again Tomorrow don't you?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
So i guess no-one owns one then?
Had one on hire for 2.5 months when we were waiting on our new car being ready. A bit tinny, like many small cars, but it did the job. I wouldn't have liked to do a long run in one... bit noisy.

We have a 15 year old panda - bought it second hand for 3,000 Euros about 9-10 years ago
It's been great value - mainly used for round about town rather than long journeys but we used it to do Nice to Bergamo many times and in all weather

Ours is the 2 seater van version (petrol) - looks like a normal 4-door car but the back is flat - great for the dogs - never let us down
When we relocated from Nice to here - we had in the back all of our animals (at that time0 - 2 dogs, 3 cats and 5 occupied bird cages :D:D:D
I reckon it has cost us about 300 euros a year for minor fixes (spread over the past 5 years)

So cant recommend highly enough

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Hi all

We don't have any Fiat's on our fleet, that might say it all.
Two small cars I'd recommend are, Huyandai i10 or a Skoda Fabia, both great cars for what you describe, IMHO of course.