Anyone Else Been Selected?

Thread starter #1

Crazyface

Tour Winner
I've received a letter from the NHS to be in a study on Covid. Apparently people have been randomly selected to take part. It's to test, at homer, if you've had Covid 19. This will give the Government a rough idea of how many people have actually had the damn thing. So I assume if it turns out it's a lot higher than thought, they'll drop all this nonsense and let us just get on with things.

Yeah got the same letter. Did you say yes ?
It's not a new thing by the way, finding out the level of previous infections.

Last edited:

woofers

Medal Winner
It's to test, at homer, if you've had Covid 19. This will give the Government a rough idea of how many people have actually had the damn thing.
Not sure about that. The home swab tests do throat and nose, which I understand tell if you have it now. I think a blood test is required to determine if you have had it, as that is where the antibody would be. Although if you have had it, is it proven that you are now immune?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Not sure about that. The home swab tests do throat and nose, which I understand tell if you have it now. I think a blood test is required to determine if you have had it, as that is where the antibody would be. Although if you have had it, is it proven that you are now immune?
Trump says so.

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
My daughter has been asked to take a home test, and it is NOT an antibody test to see if you’ve had it previously, it is a nasal/throat swab to see if you currently have it.

There was a study done by the Imperial College to assess the viability of home antibody tests which I took part in early in the summer. That all seems to have come to a grinding halt with no news as to whether the test, hailed as a game changer back in the spring, is ever likely to be rolled out.

Its a home antibody test, to see if you've had it.

My daughter has been asked to take a home test, and it is NOT an antibody test to see if you’ve had it previously, it is a nasal/throat swab to see if you currently have it.

There was a study done by the Imperial College to assess the viability of home antibody tests which I took part in early in the summer. That all seems to have come to a grinding halt with no news as to whether the test, hailed as a game changer back in the spring, is ever likely to be rolled out.
It clearly is being rolled out as CF and I have been selected to take part...as I am sure many other will be too.

Lilyhawk

A guy in Saturday roll do a weekly covid test at home for the ONS. Both he and his missus do it and get paid £100 a week in Amazon vouchers. This has been going on since August. Lucky sod!

Ethan

Money List Winner
I've received a letter from the NHS to be in a study on Covid. Apparently people have been randomly selected to take part. It's to test, at homer, if you've had Covid 19. This will give the Government a rough idea of how many people have actually had the damn thing. So I assume if it turns out it's a lot higher than thought, they'll drop all this nonsense and let us just get on with things.
Could be either current prevalence of infection or antibodies for past infection. There are studies on both going on. If you can take part, you really should, as the more information we have, the more appropriate the policy will be.

maxfli65

Journeyman Pro
I got one a few days ago, skimmed it and put it aside, think it was addressed to household rather than just me so one or all of the household can take part. Inclination was leave it.
Until test and trace across UK is running properly is there any point to partaking?

chellie

Tour Winner
HID has had a letter to apply to be on the study. If selected it's a finger prick test at home to see if you have the antibodies. His letter arrived yesterday. I've applied for the Vitamin D trial.

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
Me and HID are both doing this. It is a 2 part thing, a swab test to see if you have it now and a blood test to see if you have had it previously. You each get a £50 voucher for the first visit and a £25 voucher for each subsequent visit. You can opt for a weekly visit for the next 4 weeks or monthly for the next 12 months.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Why would people not do this? as Ethan pointed out, the more we (read the clever science people) know about this virus, the more the 'restrictions' can be tailored to the requirements.

It's like people not giving blood or being on the organ donor list in my eyes, if everyone did their bit, the world would be a better place.

I'm part of a voluntary medical trial for a vaccine. Had my first consultation last week involving swabs, blood tests and an injection. Follow up in 21 days and the trial goes on for several months.