Anyone done the NC500 in a camper van?

Thread starter #1

MrPing

Watched the film paul last night and woke up this morning and have ordered a campervan for the week. Pick it up next Saturday and going to do some or maybe all of the nc500. Anyone done this how long did it take you and what stops did you make ?

Thread starter #4

MrPing

booked this one. Get it Saturday afternoon but need to be back Friday so only gives me 6 days. Trying to plan a route the now

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
drive it pretty reg, but never in a CV, though we have talked about it. missed the good weather now.

Durness has a great beach, so would head there, few places on the west i would conc on not that much on the A9TBH.... well apart from golf courses:LOL:(y)

Thread starter #8

MrPing

drive it pretty reg, but never in a CV, though we have talked about it. missed the good weather now.

Durness has a great beach, so would head there, few places on the west i would conc on not that much on the A9TBH.... well apart from golf courses:LOL:(y)
AC9BF671-641D-43B4-A989-2CC5EE330602.jpeg
thats the route im thinking of taking, is there anything ive missed out thats a must see ?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Watched the film paul last night and woke up this morning and have ordered a campervan for the week. Pick it up next Saturday and going to do some or maybe all of the nc500. Anyone done this how long did it take you and what stops did you make ?
It is probably rammed just now. Loads of camper vans on the road due to Staycations. As others have said, not much to do and very little infrastructure. Beware of the Supercars and bikes hooning it round in a day.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
It is probably rammed just now. Loads of camper vans on the road due to Staycations. As others have said, not much to do and very little infrastructure. Beware of the Supercars and bikes hooning it round in a day.
yes its school holidays too. i go past the local campervan hire place when walking the dog, not seen one in there in weeks, which i take to mean every one of them is out on hire the whole time

Swinglowandslow

booked this one. Get it Saturday afternoon but need to be back Friday so only gives me 6 days. Trying to plan a route the now
That's not a campervan. That's a mobile home😀
I got the badge for campervan in Scotland. 40 Years ago in a VW campervan.
Wife and two kids,!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

Good luck on the Bealach na Ba in that.:love:

I have done nearly all of it in bit's and it is beautiful, if you are going to be time restricted and don't have time to visit the Pie shop at Lochinver, Applecross etc I would leave it to another time.
Not to be rushed, but 5 full days should be OK.

ps. Last time I was at the top of the Bealach it was thick fog and my fellow travellers in their MacLaren, Red E Type, yellow Porche etc were looking a bit queezy.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sunshine

My mate did it recently in his M4. I guess it's a single lane carriageway so you don't need indicators?

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
Good luck on the Bealach na Ba in that.:love:

I have done nearly all of it in bit's and it is beautiful, if you are going to be time restricted and don't have time to visit the Pie shop at Lochinver, Applecross etc I would leave it to another time.
Not to be rushed, but 5 full days should be OK.

ps. Last time I was at the top of the Bealach it was thick fog and my fellow travellers in their MacLaren, Red E Type, yellow Porche etc were looking a bit queezy.:ROFLMAO:
Last time I was on the Bealach the bin wagon was navigating the hairpins on its way down :ROFLMAO: