All things BBQ and Braai

Thread starter #121

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Fire pit is next on the buy list. Have you gone cast iron or saved cash and gone steel?

Recommendations on what to burn? I like the idea of these coffee logs, nice smell? I've also got my eye on a swedish log, they look good.
I'm on the lookout for a new firepit at the minute, something more windproof. I'm also trying to find out the best "smokeless" fuel to burn, the firepit will now be nearer the neighbours house so I can't be having masses of smoke going over his way.
*Google's Swedish log* 🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I'm on the lookout for a new firepit at the minute, something more windproof. I'm also trying to find out the best "smokeless" fuel to burn, the firepit will now be nearer the neighbours house so I can't be having masses of smoke going over his way.
*Google's Swedish log* 🤣
I should have added Swedish 'Fire' Log. Oops.

*Google's Swedish log* 🤣
Friend of mine used a drum from an old washing machine. The little holes are patterns and looked great. Bolted it to a large stone as a base.

I have always wanted to do Christmas lunch on the bbq, I did everything for a roast on there a few months ago but I don’t think my BBQ is big enough to do a Christmas lunch.

I need to persuade the Mrs to let me build a bit of an outdoor cooking area, it will be a hard task as ideally we want to move in the not too distant future and it will be a little bit of a waste of money. BBQ is currently tucked away in the shed.

Swedish fire logs are cool, I like to have one going when we are away camping.

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
There’s a company called “ luxury wood company”. They are based near Tuxford in Notts. Oak sleepers are £25 each. They are excellent, but flippin eck there heavy. If you need any oak timber for a garden project check them out. Ave used some on me Barby area. Al have a go at posting some up.

that seating/ raised flower bed is done with softwood sleepers and coated in Barratines stain which is excellent

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter #126

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Friend of mine used a drum from an old washing machine. The little holes are patterns and looked great. Bolted it to a large stone as a base.
I've seen those, they do look cool.
A friend's wife bought one from Facebook a few months ago, she paid around £60 iirc, was supposed to be all singing and dancing.

This is what arrived 🤣🤣🤣

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
I have always wanted to do Christmas lunch on the bbq, I did everything for a roast on there a few months ago but I don’t think my BBQ is big enough to do a Christmas lunch.

I need to persuade the Mrs to let me build a bit of an outdoor cooking area, it will be a hard task as ideally we want to move in the not too distant future and it will be a little bit of a waste of money. BBQ is currently tucked away in the shed.

Swedish fire logs are cool, I like to have one going when we are away camping.
Did my Barby area during the lockdown, put granite worktops on. Bought them off Facebook marketplace and you will be suprised how cheap they work out at.
The Pizza oven. Now that is a bloody story of its own.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Having a braai on christmas day is normal in South Africa. Won’t be doing it this year as planning to be at the sister in laws.

I will be doing a New Years Eve braai though. (y)(y)