All things BBQ and Braai

Thread starter #81

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Is that sat directly on the coals? Do you not have to spend an agebrushing off ash and charcoal grit?
Straight on mate, just a quick brush after, leave it to rest for 10 minutes (I covered in garlic butter while resting) and all is good.
I must admit I had reservations before I did it but the results were superb. You need to use lumpwood charcoal for reasons I don't yet understand 😂

hovis

Tour Winner
Where are you guys getting your briskets from? When I started my briskets where always too dry. My butcher said its because beef is slaughterdd early in the uk so you don't get a chance for decent marbling to build in the meat. So I smoke chuck instead and it's spot on. Lots of marbling and the juices keep the beef moist. The briskets I've searched for always seem to be very lean with a slap of fat at the end!!

Kellfire

Tour Winner
I’ve just ordered myself some new cast iron skillets for searing steaks after cooking sous vide. It’s not BBQ but it’s a quality alternative.

Thread starter #85

Beezerk

Money List Winner
oooh a bit of “dirty” cooking, nice work!
Honestly mate, nom nom.
My ribeye was not as thick as I'd normally like it but I thought the quick cooking suited the thinner steak much better. The thicker steaks were a bit trickier, I just used feel rather than a thermometer and they turned out great. That Facebook group you put me onto is top notch mind 👍