Adidas Codechaos shoes

Thread starter #1
Just a quick review to post my impressions of these new shoes. I've got the white, grey and and green version.

Out of the box, they are the most comfortable and lightweight golf shoes I've worn. I'm not normally a fan of Adidas golf shoes, they aren't usually a good fit and tend to make my feet quite sore. But these Codechaos shoes are so light, yet supportive, and they wrap around the foot so well.

The spikeless grip design is excellent. No slipping or loss of traction, even on my undulating course which has lots of slopes and inclines.

The design is ultra-modern, and definitely won't be to everyone's taste. I can't see them going particularly well with long trousers for example, but with shorts they look great and I have never received so many positive comments about how a pair of golf shoes look ! 10/10 so far. I'll update this score if I find any negatives about them on a longer term basis.

Traminator

Thanks, I saw some people bought these in the "I Bought" thread and wondered if they're any good.
I like the look of the lime/white ones.

How about sizing? Any thoughts?

Thread starter #4
Yeah, the white and lime ones are what I bought, and they rock ! :cool:
Sizing is spot on my normal shoe size for me, no need to go up or down. I'm a size 11, and the Codechaos size 11 fit perfect (y)

Traminator

Autumn Wind you owe me 90 quid for a pair of Adidas golf shoes that I wasn't intending buying this morning πŸ˜….

I'm normally 10.5 or 11 and was surprised how snug a fit the 11 are, ended up with size 12 πŸ€ͺ.
m
Maybe 11.5 (which they don't do) would be perfect but I've just thrown out a pair of Skechers that I thought would stretch and never did, so didn't risk the 11.

Colours are darker in real life than any images I've seen online.

Thread starter #8
Autumn Wind you owe me 90 quid for a pair of Adidas golf shoes that I wasn't intending buying this morning πŸ˜….

I'm normally 10.5 or 11 and was surprised how snug a fit the 11 are, ended up with size 12 πŸ€ͺ.
m
Maybe 11.5 (which they don't do) would be perfect but I've just thrown out a pair of Skechers that I thought would stretch and never did, so didn't risk the 11.

Colours are darker in real life than any images I've seen online.
The cheque is in the post my friend πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Thread starter #9
I was thinking of getting a pair of these so glad the initial reports are positive
Well James, I really do love my pair. It’s like walking on air. And because Traminator is so easily influenced πŸ˜‚, I’m guessing you’ll get the benefit of his verdict soon too πŸ‘

PaulS

Adidas have a sale currently at 30% off so I managed to get a pair the other day - they are good shoes if you like the athletic look.

Thread starter #13
I'm interested to hear your review once you've worn them Barry.

It might just be me, but I own a lot of golf shoes (far too many pairs) and I find these the most comfortable pair I've worn. As I said, I've never got on at all well with Adidas golf shoes in the past, as their fit usually give me heel blisters.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I would never buy Adidas shoes as they are usually too small for my wide feet. However, I won a pair of Adidas Powerband Boa a couple of years ago and absolutely love them. They have a wider toe section, are light, wonderfully comfortable and I love the Boa fastening system. When I put them back on at the start of last season I realised I had forgotten just how comfy they are. I do agree however that the fabric they use at the back of the heel in most golf shoes goes far too quickly and easily.
I would never buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first though.

Traminator

Wore them today.
Still can't believe I had to buy size 12 but they fit lovely.
All I can say is, very very comfortable, just like a pair of trainers but sturdier. Obviously it's dry out there so no grip issues, tread is very detailed though so don't envisage any issues at all.
They look good, only downside is after getting dressed I realised that shirt, shorts AND shoes were all Adidas (by coincidence) so in order not to be a FKW I had to iron a different polo quickly πŸ˜…

Highly recommended pair of summer shoes, 90 quid with SHOP30 on Adidas website for price matching. If unsure, go for the larger size.

I'm interested to hear your review once you've worn them Barry.

It might just be me, but I own a lot of golf shoes (far too many pairs) and I find these the most comfortable pair I've worn. As I said, I've never got on at all well with Adidas golf shoes in the past, as their fit usually give me heel blisters.
The shoes arrived yesterday and tried them on and first impressions are very positive.
I ordered half a size up as I have had issues with adidas shoes being a bit too narrow for my hobbit feet in the past but these seem wider in the toe box and fit perfectly.

The colour on the top of the shoe is more grey than white as I had expected but looking back on the pictures on the Adidas website I'm not sure why I thought they were all white?
Having said that I really do love the colour scheme - I'm a sucker for something a bit loud when it comes to trainers so the green is perfect.

Going to try them tomorrow evening for a quick 9 holes and really give them a proper run out on sunday morning so will report back about how they feel but so far so good!!

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Wore mine for the first time today - I always find Adidas shoes a lot more comfy than most and these are no exception - very light , but still prefer the look of the 360 XT so have another pair of them on the way but the chaos are excellent shoes