2017 Golf Punting Thread.....

Thread starter #1

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide
I know there's a few on here who like to have a punt or two throughout the golf season so I thought we could keep this as a rolling thread and hopefully land a few bets between us over the season and have a bit of fun.

This week is like the charity shield weekend, the curtain raiser for the golf season where the winner's of last seasons comps all play together.

I'll kick us off with my picks for this weekend.

Jimmy Walker FRL @25/1
Russell Knox. EW @33/1

Just small stakes this week as its probably the most competitive it's been for a few years. Jimmy Walker has started well over the last few seasons so I've backed him as first round leader due to how strong the field is.

Knox showed some really good form last season and I think he's definitely value @ 33's to land a place.

Happy punting!!

I know there's a few on here who like to have a punt or two throughout the golf season so I thought we could keep this as a rolling thread and hopefully land a few bets between us over the season and have a bit of fun.

This week is like the charity shield weekend, the curtain raiser for the golf season where the winner's of last seasons comps all play together.

I'll kick us off with my picks for this weekend.

Jimmy Walker FRL @25/1
Russell Knox. EW @33/1

Just small stakes this week as its probably the most competitive it's been for a few years. Jimmy Walker has started well over the last few seasons so I've backed him as first round leader due to how strong the field is.

Knox showed some really good form last season and I think he's definitely value @ 33's to land a place.

Happy punting!!
Good punt!

I had a friend who punted for an entire season in the NFL. He totaled over 4,000 yards by the time it was finished. Big punting.

Thread starter #11

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide
That's a great shout Stuart 👏

Love a punt on the golf but as it's on so late in the evening I haven't bothered, prefer to watch them lose live.
Cheers mate, I stayed up and watched it til 1:30am and Walker was leading by 1shot. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my skybet account this morning before I left for work :D

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Got Matsuyama to win via a playoff, and with a 2 on the card. His putting is not filling me with confidence at the moment.

Thread starter #15

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide
His putting has been poor tonight which is unusual for him. You need Thomas to have a blow up now mate.

Knox was in contention for a place til he had a triple bogey earlier, he's got himself back to level but too far away now.

Still up a few quid this week, it'll pay for next weeks punts.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
His putting has been poor tonight which is unusual for him. You need Thomas to have a blow up now mate.

Knox was in contention for a place til he had a triple bogey earlier, he's got himself back to level but too far away now.

Still up a few quid this week, it'll pay for next weeks punts.
I'm pinning all my hopes on a 2 now. A bit like most of my competition rounds.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Any of you guys do matched betting? Easiest money I've ever made.

One of the bookies had money back if your bet finished 2nd or 3rd. Backed Spieth at 13/2, laid off on same price as Betfair so essentially zero outlay. £50 free bet on its way which I'll back and lay something to turn to £40ish cash. All for 5 mins work!