10 minute intervals

Diamond

Played yesterday at 4pm in a 2 ball. Both of us 28 handicappers. We allowed the 2 ball in front to complete the hole as we had 2 minutes before 4pm. Teed off at bang on 4pm. We were on the green at the first and the next 2 ball were walking up the fairway to play their 2nd shot. Checked watch it was 4:07 so they had 3 minutes left before their tee booking. This may be the norm but just 2 thoughts 1) what is the point of having 10 min tee times? 2) my playing partner is an old chap and he felt rushed throughout. We eventually let them through on the 12th after they nearly hit me when we were leaving the green of a par 3.
We finished in 3 hours and 2 minutes and felt totally rushed for 12 holes to the point we actually caught up 2 spring chickens in front by the 9th And had to wait for them!
The general manager has said to me that they were in their right to play off earlier than the tee of time. So again what’s the point if the 10 minute guidance?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Well. Car park at club was far less busy this morning than Monday, which was less busy than last Friday. Perhaps some of these people enjoying the good weather during furlough are now being dragged back unwillingly to work. It's like millionaires's golf again at the club. 10 mins intervals so you tee off as the group in front are leaving the green and this pace is kept up through out the round. No need to push the group in front nor feel pressured by the group behind. ~ 3 hour rounds. Bliss.

Does help of course to have the choice of playing 2 courses.

Only things I really miss is the banter between 3 or 4 players is often better than in a pair, and the losers pay for the pot of tea after the round with the associated "putting the world to rights" chat in the lounge.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Played yesterday at 4pm in a 2 ball. Both of us 28 handicappers. We allowed the 2 ball in front to complete the hole as we had 2 minutes before 4pm. Teed off at bang on 4pm. We were on the green at the first and the next 2 ball were walking up the fairway to play their 2nd shot. Checked watch it was 4:07 so they had 3 minutes left before their tee booking. This may be the norm but just 2 thoughts 1) what is the point of having 10 min tee times? 2) my playing partner is an old chap and he felt rushed throughout. We eventually let them through on the 12th after they nearly hit me when we were leaving the green of a par 3.
We finished in 3 hours and 2 minutes and felt totally rushed for 12 holes to the point we actually caught up 2 spring chickens in front by the 9th And had to wait for them!
The general manager has said to me that they were in their right to play off earlier than the tee of time. So again what’s the point if the 10 minute guidance?
in simple terms your GM is an idiot

rulefan

Tour Winner
Tell the GM he ought to read the rules.

5.3 Starting and Ending Round
a. When to Start Round

A player’s round starts when the player makes a stroke to start his or her first hole (see Rule 6.1a).

The player must start at (and not before) his or her starting time:
  • A starting time set by the Committee is treated as an exact time (for example, 9 am means 9:00:00 am, not any time until 9:01 am).