Hip Rotation in Swing

So. Week 5.

This week Iíve been working on the feel of using my hips to initiate the swing instead of being so Ďarmsyí. I posted a swing from a fat shot earlier in the week and it was noticeable how uninvolved my lower body was.

Last night at the range I tried to really address this and feel that in the backswing Iím using the hips quite a lot better, and evidence of this in the below video is how much more still my head was as I could rotate around without swaying.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/NMkuQLfvc5o[/youtube]

My contact was actually good here, and I feel like itís already made a big difference in terms of consistency of context.

However - I notice at impact Iím hardly rotated in the lower body at all, Iím almost back to address position in the hips. Itís like Iíve focussed so much on the backswing that I donít know what to do next.

What would be a good thought or drill to address this and get a better turn through the ball? I think my hips should be pointing pretty much towards target by impact, right? Whereas mine are beginning the turn at/post impact.

All help much appreciated

Re: Hip Rotation in Swing

Fire your right knee at the ball at impact
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Thanks bob

Dont think you can turn into dustin johnson over night. The pros get themsleves open unbelievably well.

There are loads of videos on YouTube with separation drills. That is the feeling you are after.

You are right. You return to a very similar looking set up position which is extremely common. Dont worry you will loosen up and begin to rotate better with some work, understanding and trust.

Thanks Gary. Completely agree. Iím really pleased with how much Iíve kicked on in a few weeks....I think itís a double edged sword because as you improve your goalposts move, I guess thatís what keeps us coming back for more!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRISTOL86 View Post
    Thanks Gary. Completely agree. Iím really pleased with how much Iíve kicked on in a few weeks....I think itís a double edged sword because as you improve your goalposts move, I guess thatís what keeps us coming back for more!!
    I know itís not for everyone, but have you tried a TPI assessment? I went through one and it highlighted where I needed to improve flexibility and what I needed to do to improve. Pretty much got told I was a lost cause tho 😂😂