Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Money List Winner

Tees, educate me.

Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.

Re: Tees, educate me.

I wouldn't have thought you can say 'pink tees produce this flight' and so on, I'd have said it more subjective to the individual. Based on how you swing, attack angle and so on. Just find the tee height that suits the way you hit it the best. Could be wrong, that's just my thoughts.

Edit: For clarity, I mean if you hit the ball quite flat and struggle to hit up on the ball then a higher tee might help, but if you hit up on the ball really well then too high a tee could mean the ball is going up very high and not carrying as far.
    Last edited by Orikoru; 12-Jul-2018 at 20:42.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Stick with the orange one Tashy. I switched to pink for a while and felt I was hitting down on the ball. The orange is perfect for hitting up on the back of the ball.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Q-School Graduate

When you get down to cat 2 you'll be able to use wooden tees
    #GameChanger

Pink for me but whatever works best with your swing

One note of caution, there are a lot of fakes out there (especially pinks) so check the serial number on manufactures website

Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.
    Taylormade M1 9, Oban Devotion 6 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.
    Just curious....how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Journeyman Pro

Got to be a red wooden tee. The paint they use for all the other colours is higher friction so your ball comes off the tee slower. With the special low friction red paint they use it grips the ball less and allows for a faster ball speed and greater distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.
    I shall remember that for my first tour event

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Just curious....how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?
    For as long as I remember I have only ever used the orange tees Bob. Don't know why.The thoughts of MIB kinda strike a chord👍