Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
  1. #1
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,222

    Tees, educate me.

    Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.

  2. #2
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,342

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    I wouldn't have thought you can say 'pink tees produce this flight' and so on, I'd have said it more subjective to the individual. Based on how you swing, attack angle and so on. Just find the tee height that suits the way you hit it the best. Could be wrong, that's just my thoughts.

    Edit: For clarity, I mean if you hit the ball quite flat and struggle to hit up on the ball then a higher tee might help, but if you hit up on the ball really well then too high a tee could mean the ball is going up very high and not carrying as far.
    Last edited by Orikoru; 12-Jul-2018 at 20:42.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

  3. #3
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Stick with the orange one Tashy. I switched to pink for a while and felt I was hitting down on the ball. The orange is perfect for hitting up on the back of the ball.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  4. #4
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    796

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    When you get down to cat 2 you'll be able to use wooden tees
    #GameChanger

  5. #5
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,342

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Pink for me but whatever works best with your swing

    One note of caution, there are a lot of fakes out there (especially pinks) so check the serial number on manufactures website

  6. #6
    Tour Winner Maninblack4612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Shields
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.
    Taylormade M1 9, Oban Devotion 6 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Motocaddy S7 Remote
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)

  7. #7
    Major Champion bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    19,819

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Always played with an orange tee when using a driver.Anyway a guy in the clubhouse suggested using a pink tee. Said you get a better penetrating flight because it is lower. Anyway me and a PP de idea to have a bash today using the pink tees. It did look more penetrating and I was hitting it further with a bad back. But the swing was more within myself with my back being in rag order. So that aside, what is the differance between white, pink, orange/ grey tees.
    Just curious....how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  8. #8
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,387

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Got to be a red wooden tee. The paint they use for all the other colours is higher friction so your ball comes off the tee slower. With the special low friction red paint they use it grips the ball less and allows for a faster ball speed and greater distance.

  9. #9
    Money List Winner Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Port Louis
    Posts
    5,342

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maninblack4612 View Post
    Do you ever see a pro using a castle tee? They don't because they tee the ball according to the conditions. If you're hitting into the wind, the last thing you want to do is catch the ball off the upper part of the head. Teeing it slightly lower helps avoid this IF you make sure you don't hit down on the ball.
    I shall remember that for my first tour event




  10. #10
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,222

    Re: Tees, educate me.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Just curious....how many different heights of castle tees do you use in a round?
    For as long as I remember I have only ever used the orange tees Bob. Don't know why.The thoughts of MIB kinda strike a chord👍

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News