Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money List Winner

It's all in the preparation

So after wishing Missis T a happy birthday, off she went to the gym in her car. Which would normally of been ok but there was the small problem of my clubs, trolley etc etc being in the same car. How did she not see them. So after a blast to Mansfield which is the opposite direction of my club. I arrived at the course 10 mins before tee time. Four holes later my back went. How the flippin Eck can your back go when you have hit a 20 ft putt and you walk to your ball which is 12 " from the pin. I couldn't even get the ball outta the hole.
    11 points in a nine hole comp. by the time I got to the back nine the pain killers had kicked in and I was swinging at 80% tops.
    now this is the bit that bogged me off. I shot 21 points on the back nine. It was a nice steady swing. No brute force and 21 points. How's that work out.
    Last edited by Tashyboy; 12-Jul-2018 at 20:27.

Re: It's all in the preparation

Every game you play is a story Tashy, you need to start writing the book 😁
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Every game you play is a story Tashy, you need to start writing the book 
    Here's another one, just got back from a meal with kids and grandkids. Sat down for an hour and when I got up I was walking like I have left summat in the back of me underpants. I have never been given so much space in a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Every game you play is a story Tashy, you need to start writing the book 😁
    Yup
    There are many golfers blogs that are written and never should've been and there are golfers blogs unwritten that definitely should be written

Tashy is in the latter group

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    So after wishing Missis T a happy birthday, off she went to the gym in her car. Which would normally of been ok but there was the small problem of my clubs, trolley etc etc being in the same car. How did she not see them. So after a blast to Mansfield which is the opposite direction of my club. I arrived at the course 10 mins before tee time. Four holes later my back went. How the flippin Eck can your back go when you have hit a 20 ft putt and you walk to your ball which is 12 " from the pin. I couldn't even get the ball outta the hole.
    11 points in a nine hole comp. by the time I got to the back nine the pain killers had kicked in and I was swinging at 80% tops.
    now this is the bit that bogged me off. I shot 21 points on the back nine. It was a nice steady swing. No brute force and 21 points. How's that work out.
    Most players would play better swinging at 80% .
    We Try and hit it to hard and lose control and only get a glancing blow instead of the sweet spot.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Yup
    There are many golfers blogs that are written and never should've been and there are golfers blogs unwritten that definitely should be written

Tashy is in the latter group
    I always enjoy a Tashy thread

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    I always enjoy a Tashy thread
    Enjoy, yes. But, understand ...

(And I'm someone who was raised in his neck of tne woods!)
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (12 Aug)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Journeyman Pro

Backs

That's a subject which deserves it's own forum
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Most players would play better swinging at 80% .
    We Try and hit it to hard and lose control and only get a glancing blow instead of the sweet spot.
    Joking aside CC98, on our 9 th the last three times I have hit my drive we have spent the next 4 mins and 59 seconds 😉 Looking for me ball in the rough, RHS of the fairway. Yesterday I hit it and the ball landed five yds right of the fairway bunker which I have only ever been in after my second shot. Another 120 yds further on. Had a lovely shot into the green, which I knobbed. Melly "said I ought to play with a bad back a bit more". Tricky Trev walks off the ninth, chest stuck out having smashed it for 20 points. Melly said " Tashyboys just scored 21".

My go-kart packed up on Thursday and had to push it for eleven holes on what can only be described as a "hilly" course. Back sore at the end of it but ok after the long journey home. Played in a society do yesterday and felt it tweak and hurt. Struggled for a few holes until the ibuprofen kicked in. Started swinging like the OP at reduced speed and hit it well. Has to be something in that but a painful aide memoire each time to tell yourself to be smooth and easy in the swing