Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone customised their own clubs?

Afternoon guys,

Looking for things to cheer me up after an absolutely dire round this morning. Been browsing some golf forums and generally looking at some ridiculously gorgeous clubs (putters, wedges and irons). Ive noticed the customs on wedges and putters is becoming increasingly popular and actually brings something a little bit extra to your clubs in terms of aesthetics. Has anyone else tried to custom their club ie club stamping, colour fills etc? If yes, please give me any useful advice or tell me if its not as easy as the youtube videos make it look !

I have a couple of old wedges and am really tempted to buy a stamping set, whack the club into a vice and give it a go and see if i can have any joy with it.
    Alternatively if you have any custom clubs that you have bought or had done by someone else, please show me !
    In the bag:
    Callaway Big bertha 460 11*
    Mizuno JPX825 irons 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey 52 & 56
    Taylormade rac Satin 60
    Odyssey Versa number 9

Handicap: Pending....

Re: Anyone customised their own clubs?

changed the paint fill on a set of irons and some wedges a while ago. Irons long since sold, but still have the wedges, which are very worn now.

The paint fill easy to do, just model enamel

Although not customized by my own hand, my Edel putter has my initials on the bottom and the paint fill of the Edel logo, the colour was chosen by me, does that count?

only changed the paintfill on my old irons which is really easy to do. Plus living with 3 females there is plenty of nail varnish about to choose from.
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Would love to see pictures from both of you if you have them !
    In the bag:
    Callaway Big bertha 460 11*
    Mizuno JPX825 irons 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey 52 & 56
    Taylormade rac Satin 60
    Odyssey Versa number 9

Handicap: Pending....

Quote Originally Posted by GOLFER1994 View Post
    I got bored and took the paint out (and did the same with my Scotty Cameron) so they are "naked" now but you might be able to see them in my avatar!
    my "new" irons still have the original black paintfill but that might get changed soon
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

I coloured my numbers on my irons to Orange https://www.instagram.com/p/BaNGh2-F...ken-by=ler1993

Simply used nail polish remover to remove the old paint, then used nail polish to fill it in. Simple as the youtube videos suggest !
    Srixon Clubs. Puma Wardrobe. and a Smile on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLFER1994 View Post
    irons are long gone and the paint in the wedges doesn't show up as well as they a very battered.

Not been on there for a while, but there were quite a few guys customized clubs on the Mizuno forum. one guy did a lovely job refinishing his blades Black with white fill.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NorwichBanana View Post
    I coloured my numbers on my irons to Orange https://www.instagram.com/p/BaNGh2-F...ken-by=ler1993

Simply used nail polish remover to remove the old paint, then used nail polish to fill it in. Simple as the youtube videos suggest !
    Very nice
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Journeyman Pro

I have occasionally reshaped the shafts on my wedges.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs