Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Online Golf Info/Resources

Hi Folks

What are your favourite online golf resources out there?

Im less interested in gear reviews etc and more interested in tuition/instruction, beginner/improver info, and news on the professional game. But basically anything goes. Anything that you think would be enjoyable!

I already have a few YouTube channels I like but just looking to compile a list of good sites/channels/sources that I probably dont know exist.

Cheers!
    Last edited by BRISTOL86; 11-Jul-2018 at 07:54.

Re: Good Online Golf Info/Resources

If you have a question and you can't find an answer on you tube, give me a shout and I'll try and help
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Q-School Graduate

I don't bother much for tuition/reviews etc but do enjoy following some accounts on Twitter for news and humour, my favourites being:

@clubproguy - wins the internet daily. Just hilarious.

@nolayingup - also funny but also provide some great event coverage (in their own style) as well as some great course vlogs etc as they travel.the world

@tweeteralliss - some funny stuff when he stays in character (parody account)

@golf_history_ for daily news from the past history, can be quite interesting and nostalgic

Thanks Bob. Nothing specific right now just trying to compile a list of various resources that may be interesting/useful to a beginner! I prefer to learn by getting out and trying rather than watching videos but its the next best thing when Im stuck in work

Personally I dont bother with on -line tuition, and prefer face to face interaction as I feel need someone to be watching you in the present reality to be be able to judge what you are and arent doing right or wrong.
    Obviously many like the on line source, but for me its a no.
    Forever trying.

I like the MeAndMyGolf guys. They have loads of tuition videos on YouTube, and also fun stuff like daft challenges they've been set by viewers.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Assistant Pro

Mark Crossfield and co. Say no more

Also Steven Buzza and James Pickard

As for Twitter, Darth Monty is always good for a giggle
    In the bag:

Driver: Callaway XR 10.5
    3W: Callaway XR 15
    Hybrid: Callaway XR 19
    4-PW: TaylorMade SpeedBlade HL
    Wedges:Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50, RTX 56, 60
    Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

H'cap 24.0
    Roundhay GC

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Personally I dont bother with on -line tuition, and prefer face to face interaction as I feel need someone to be watching you in the present reality to be be able to judge what you are and arent doing right or wrong.
    Obviously many like the on line source, but for me its a no.
    I class myself as a beginner having re-started at the end of April and I can without a shadow of a doubt second that comment and recommend finding a good Professional rather than relying on on-line sources. They OK for tips but I have found that some contradict each other and after watching quite a few videos I was a confused mess so I booked a lesson.

I was a social golfer about 10+ years ago playing maybe a few times a year but I did have a period where I played more often but still not taking anything too seriously. I was completely self taught and I have picked so many bad swing habits. It is a lot easier to start right rather than have to unpick later on when it becomes ingrained.

On the first lesson I was hitting my good 8 irons circa 120-130 yards with a pull and now after three 1/2 hour lessons over 6 weeks I am now hitting my good shots 160 yards in the simulated environment with less of a pull and my ball striking has improved massively. The pro picked up immediately where I was going wrong and is slowing altering my swing in increments. I still have a long way to go as I am not consistent at all as I still suffer with a dreaded pull due to being too steep but I have no doubt that I will improve.

I know it costs money but it is money well spent and with hindsight I wish I started on a new to golf type of scheme from the get go. Had I followed this route I may not have been so ambivalent about my golf in the past.

Tour Rookie

Chris Ryan is excellent on YouTube. Has a very slow deliberate delivery style that is easy to follow.