Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Q-School Graduate

Re: Supplementary at other clubs..?

Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    No, you can only submit Supplementaries at clubs of which you are a member.
    Correct. We do it fairly often.
    Bit of pain to track when the club's systems don't talk to each other too well

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Cat 1 can only also submit them if its to get their competitive status or keep their competitive status
    To add a Cat 1 player with c status at the start of the year can only submit them during 1st Sept to 31st December
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar

But come the revolution (well 2020 actually) you will be able to register an Acceptable Round anywhere!
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Ping G400 17 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

H/c 4.5

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohnchapman View Post
    But come the revolution (well 2020 actually) you will be able to register an Acceptable Round anywhere!
    Possibly....I wouldn't bet on it, and I wouldn't bet against it.

It's one of those that I anticipate to start reflecting the current situation, and moving on once people become comfortable with the wider changes. However, such a card has the square root of BA in terms of credibility/value and isn't really consistent with the CONGU model - non competition scores from away clubs (as discussed here) can be seen as a trial of the concept!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    Possibly....I wouldn't bet on it, and I wouldn't bet against it.

It's one of those that I anticipate to start reflecting the current situation, and moving on once people become comfortable with the wider changes. However, such a card has the square root of BA in terms of credibility/value and isn't really consistent with the CONGU model - non competition scores from away clubs (as discussed here) can be seen as a trial of the concept!
    But surely, that's exactly what the World Handicap,presumably what mjc was referring to, is all about?

The more I here, the more I suspect that UK's system will not be part of a 'real' World Wide system - though rounds in UK could be used as qualifying rounds in other countries - and vice-versa!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Germany has changed this a few years back (I think 2016). Before that it was only possible to hand in a supplementary card (called "Extra Day Score" or short EDS here) at your home club. Now you can at any German golf club (we have a centralized handicap system anyway).
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25 Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    But surely, that's exactly what the World Handicap,presumably what mjc was referring to, is all about?

The more I here, the more I suspect that UK's system will not be part of a 'real' World Wide system - though rounds in UK could be used as qualifying rounds in other countries - and vice-versa!
    You make a neat cross over between rounds and qualifying rounds....yes, the principle (for CONGU) is that rounds played under qualifying conditions anywhere can form part of a players handicap record.

Which just leaves the small issue of what constitutes qualifying conditions.

Home club signed by another club member is obvious.

Recently extended to away club signed by a club (either) member and entered via the club the round was played at...

You are happy with people submitting cards for direct entry to their handicap record signed by their non golfing grandmother/ grandson who walked round with them (probably)?
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...