Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Mobile phone - Help required please.

Win the lottery and get a 256gig iPhone x - a snip a £1,200

Challenge Tour Pro

I don't mean to be offensive and maybe I am missing the point, but you appear to have very limited knowledge of top end phones and more importantly little use for them. Unless you have unlimited funds then from what I am reading any basic decent phone would meet your needs.

I may spend several hundred pounds on a phone, but upon doing so I am utilising and getting direct benefits from what it has to offer against budget/mid range phones.

Unless I am missing something if I where you I would be spending around £150/200 on a good all rounder (these budget phones are excellent today and unless you are an expert, few can tell the difference in operation or performance between them and top end).

Journeyman Pro

Just upgraded from an iPhone 6s to a 8. Their literally the same. Few minor tweaks like no headphone socket.. water proof now.. and wireless charging that’s about it

Love the charging.. bought a pad for £15 use it at night to charge it

Waterproof will come into its own when my daughter is another year old and throwing it in the bath

Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive and maybe I am missing the point, but you appear to have very limited knowledge of top end phones and more importantly little use for them. Unless you have unlimited funds then from what I am reading any basic decent phone would meet your needs.

I may spend several hundred pounds on a phone, but upon doing so I am utilising and getting direct benefits from what it has to offer against budget/mid range phones.

Unless I am missing something if I where you I would be spending around £150/200 on a good all rounder (these budget phones are excellent today and unless you are an expert, few can tell the difference in operation or performance between them and top end).
    I'd have to agree with this. Get a Motorola G6 or G6 Plus and it will pretty much do everything you seem to use it for.

If a cheap phone is what you want then you'll do well to beat the Xiaomi's spec-wise. My mate bought a Xiaomi Redmi between iPhones and absolutely loved it. Dead cheap but performance wise it was absolutely brilliant other than the camera.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Robster59 View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. Get a Motorola G6 or G6 Plus and it will pretty much do everything you seem to use it for.
    Robster and Justme you are pretty spot on there and nooffence is taken.

My wife has a Samsung S6 and I have a S7 which are more than adequate.

We have decided to keep our original phones as the more pressing need is for an upgrade on on dog the IPads to an IPad Pro 10.5