Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Golf vs Football

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    I could have this dilemma on Sunday if England get thru the semis. There's 8 of us going up to Southport for the boys annual golf holiday, we have a tee booked at S&A for 1 o'clock... 3 hours before kick off. We're going to arrive early to see if we can get off at 12, if not, come in at 3 and try and get back out after the match.
    I was booked to play at Moortown at 1pm, part of a Moortown / Alwoodley break. I contacted the club and they have kindly moved the tee time forward to 11.40. Perfect. Round of golf, shower, it will be 25°C, lemonade, snack and WC final. That's a Sunday for you. Give S & A a ring, take out the stress.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    I was booked to play at Moortown at 1pm, part of a Moortown / Alwoodley break. I contacted the club and they have kindly moved the tee time forward to 11.40. Perfect. Round of golf, shower, it will be 25°C, lemonade, snack and WC final. That's a Sunday for you. Give S & A a ring, take out the stress.
    The call's been made but it's members tee's until 1. We're hoping if we arrive early they will let us out if it's quiet.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

No contest for me. Already withdrawn from Sunday's competition so I don't miss the start of the WC Final. Not missing that whether England are in it or not.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Is this a joke? Obviously you watch England's World Cup semi-final. Why would you even consider doing anything else??
    You do know that 45 million people in the UK didn't watch the last England match?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Golf - I've watched England get knocked out on penalties so often it's not even humorous any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    The call's been made but it's members tee's until 1. We're hoping if we arrive early they will let us out if it's quiet.
    Good thinking. I understand clubs doing that, in fact I applaud them. Hopefully you will find the place nice and empty though.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

I'd watch the game, golf later it's the WC. I haven't been this nervous about a semi since watching brokeback mountain
    Driver: CALLAWAY XR 9.5° ♠ Fairway: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 16° ♠ Hybrid: CALLAWAY XR 19°/22º ♠ Irons: MIZUNO JPX EZ Forged 5-PW ♠ Wedges: CALLAWAY MD3 52°/58° ♠ Putter: BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8 ♠ Ball: CALLAWAY CHROME SOFT

When they bring out a song "golf is coming home" then it becomes a legitimate question. Until then, no. Football wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    You do know that 45 million people in the UK didn't watch the last England match?
    Yeah and 3 and a half million watch Love Island. There really are some nutcases in this country.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonr View Post

Do you go home and watch the game or go to your golf club knowing that it will be completely empty and you will be playing Millionaires Golf.
    If anyone asks this question, I expect they are watching the football.
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am