Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    58

    Golf vs Football

    Scenario:
    It's Wednesday 11th July, you missed out on Golf last weekend due to family birthdays and you are not sure if you will be able to get out next weekend due to more family birthdays.
    You also only really get to the chance to play Golf at the weekend as you tend to get home too late (circa 7.30-8pm) to be able to play much during the week but you will be let out of work a little earlier on Wednesday because a certain match is on.

    Do you go home and watch the game or go to your golf club knowing that it will be completely empty and you will be playing Millionaires Golf.

    I know what I will be doing but just interested in what others would do when faced with this.

  2. #2
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,649

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonr View Post
    Scenario:
    It's Wednesday 11th July, you missed out on Golf last weekend due to family birthdays and you are not sure if you will be able to get out next weekend due to more family birthdays.
    You also only really get to the chance to play Golf at the weekend as you tend to get home too late (circa 7.30-8pm) to be able to play much during the week but you will be let out of work a little earlier on Wednesday because a certain match is on.

    Do you go home and watch the game or go to your golf club knowing that it will be completely empty and you will be playing Millionaires Golf.

    I know what I will be doing but just interested in what others would do when faced with this.
    On Saturday, I played golf and while walking round the course I watched most of the game on my iPhone using the BBC's live coverage. Perfection.
    Handicap: 12

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    7,787

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Football. There is always a game of golf available to play. I'm 48 and this is only the 2nd time in my lifetime this has happened, it may not again whilst I am alive, gulp.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

  4. #4
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,288

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Is this a joke? Obviously you watch England's World Cup semi-final. Why would you even consider doing anything else??
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

  5. #5
    Tour Winner Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,701

    Re: Golf vs Football

    You go and have a game of golf, course to yourself, drop a few balls and practice the shots from the holes you have issues with.

  6. #6
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Two weeks ago I arranged my 2nd round Titleist match play KO. We start at 17:30 on Wednesday. If England win I can watch the highlights, if they lose I haven't wasted 2 hours of my life.
    Handicap:

    3.5

  7. #7
    Tour Winner Captainron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rural Lincolnshire
    Posts
    3,112

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Get onto the course mate and have some quality time with it all to yourself. Football is guff anyway.
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

  8. #8
    Major Champion bobmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    19,799

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Is this a joke? Obviously you watch England's World Cup semi-final. Why would you even consider doing anything else??
    You do know that 45 million people in the UK didn't watch the last England match?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

  9. #9
    Newbie GregKael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Aberdeeen
    Posts
    7

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Golf - I've watched England get knocked out on penalties so often it's not even humorous any more.


  10. #10
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,288

    Re: Golf vs Football

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    You do know that 45 million people in the UK didn't watch the last England match?
    Yeah and 3 and a half million watch Love Island. There really are some nutcases in this country.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News