Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tour Rookie

Re: How are the current conditions affecting your game?

Greens wise no difference they are in fantastic condition all year round maybe 1 on the stimp faster.

Fairways a different story a lot of irons off tees now as driver is going ridiculous distances
    Some clubs and lots of balls and lots of tee's

I played in a match tonight and I was garbage, oh wait a second, that's normal.

It's not affecting me at all.
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.6
    2018 HFH Handicap Challenge vs Richart & Bigfoot

On average I play better on our par 4 and par 5 holes at the moment, simply because of the added distance and because I can play low bump and run shots which I love and find much easier than full shots in most cases, but I struggle on the par 3s (because if I take the clubs I normally use to reach the green, I overshoot and if I take a shorter club, I can't carry the ball to the green and bunkers and other nastiness in front of the green comes into it.

Our greens are lightening fast at the moment, not only because of the dryness, but also because all the regional league games are on at the moment and they cut them extremely short for those. And that suits me especially on longer putts, because I tend to leave those miles short usually.

I don't mind playing in the heat as long as I have enough water
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25 Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Lymm is looking and playing superb. Especially our loop of heathland holes. Brown fairways that run for miles and greens that are as good as they gave ever been means a well struck shot holds nicely. Scores on the comps are noticeably lower.
    H/cap 6.7,

Journeyman Pro

Played today very difficult scoring.
    Put my card in computer and out of 21 cards in only 4 had a net score all the rest were NR.
    Hardest part is 100yds and in , its not a links course but it looks like one now.

I play on dry sand based course but with well watered greens and approaches.
    Not much difference bar a few extra yards off the tee.

Distance wise it's making a huge difference. On the flip side it is now bringing the deep (knee high) rough more into play in the run out areas which means the big hitters need to be a little prudent. There are some bizarre bounces but thats golf and I just try and accept those, frustrating as they are. Playing approaches is interesting and you have to decide which holes you can feel confident running it in on from a long way out and which need to be carried further because of the contours. The greens are a little brown around the very edges on some but by and large are still very good, quick and receptive. Have been reliving my youth and playing a load of 80-100 yard pitch and runs with a 6 or 7 iron.

Journeyman Pro

I hit a lot more 3 woods and 5 woods off the tee...about the only difference really!
    Wabey
    Titleist 917 D3 Driver | Ping G 3 Wood | Ping G 5 Wood | Mizuno MP-650 Hybrid | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged | Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges | Edel E-3 Putter
    Thetford Golf Club, Norfolk
    @MattWabe

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wabinez View Post
    I hit a lot more 3 woods and 5 woods off the tee...about the only difference really!
    I've only played once in the last couple of weeks but was hitting hybrids from some tees (which is not normal on our course).

Those getting bad bounces need to change their trajectory, or accept the consequences.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    I've only played once in the last couple of weeks but was hitting hybrids from some tees (which is not normal on our course).

Those getting bad bounces need to change their trajectory, or accept the consequences.
    Agree...cant play the same game. Also sorts the decent ball strikers from the average